Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Formula 1 Racing Thread

I use PlayStation Vue, $40 a month and you can have it on up to 5 devices, don't need a PlayStation just something to put the app on.

I have DV. Mostly worthless. Liars, Cheats and Thieves Inc. Was also interrupted by the 10+ hour shooting report on continuous loop ("Is the head dead yet?"). Like another lost plane on CNN. Then golf. Then wrestling. Attempts to record the next replays only resulted (after the recording time was past) "Your package does not include this channel.". There is another showing of Canada GP on Wed morn on another different channel that I cannot get here. Then I setup DV On-Demand streaming as it listed the Canada GP race. When I got it working - F'ing GOLF!!! Everything was right except the actual content. DOH!

If you're willing to wait until folks upload the show, you can find all the races on youtube. I searched for full races for all but this years Canadian - found this low-res one for Canada last PM. Whole race with commentary from one Brit and a Scaa-ish voice. There were a couple of the usual Internet Pop-over ads, so stay close to the Mute button as the ads are +30dB louder than the race.

Page:
    http://totalsportsek.com/f1/canada-grandprix-highlights
    Video:
    https://youtu.be/44N4uL45m1s
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

I ran upto the lake today. Have Dish there, only recently got fiber in the neighborhood. On demand has a reply of the Canada GP on Wednesday and I have it set to record. Since AT&T recently acquired dish I plan to replace it also.

Half Boost
    Had it set to record on NBC but they canceled because of the shooting. Set up to record on NBCSN as a same day replay that night but that wasn't played as they just finished the actual race on NBCSN. They switched it when the shooting coverage was on and I did not know.

To be fair, they did show the last 1.5 laps after Obama. The second was preemptied by Golf, women's golf and wrestling. Yesterday's showing did not record, as Mike pointed out. Apparently I was not worthy......but the prepaid programming before after recorded with 0 problems!

Half Boost
    Ironically I set up recording of the Indy car race and that recorded the GP. And here I thought I missed it.

Well, I lost big on that one. I was down for two Safety Car sessions. And I was initially worried that was gonna be too few!

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

If you missed today's Austrian Qualifying, you need to find a way to see it. Excellent session - very exciting.

I'm gonna go for two Safety Car sessions in the race tomorrow with Hamilton taking top podium spot with a Force India on the podium. And a McLaren in the top 5.

And I ask again - after watching Qualy today - WHEN is Ferrari going to get rid of Maurizio?

Half Boost
    So when is Merc going to drop one of their drivers as they dont play well together.

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    So when is Merc going to drop one of their drivers as they dont play well together.
    They won't. THey can't. Ever. Cause they're winning races. Still.

Teams want the Constructors title while drivers want the Drivers Title. Different goals. Merc is still leading (by a VAST margin) the Constructors Championship points.

It's rare where one driver is the "lead" driver and the other one is merely the blocker (aka Schumaker/Massa). Every F1 driver thinks they're the best [on the team] and there is some conspiracy in the team that makes their car slower than their teammates. If only they had a better car, they would be champion. Kinda like 17+ Republican hopefuls thinking they're the best candidate to be POTUS. Just like everyone in the Indy "spectacle" thinks they're gonna win (or have a possibility of winning).

That's the breed of drivers today. And in reality if they weren't that self-inflated/self-confident they wouldn't get the job. Unless they bring in tens of millions of dollars to the team.

IMHO - that's the second time this season Rosberg has intentionally taken out [or tried to] Hamilton. He said so in the post-race interview. Team Merc sugar coats it again.

When is Maurizio getting fired? He's a COMPLETE failure. He's taken Ferrari from a competitive team to a middle-of-the-pack team by making some really bad strategic decisions. Like a car salesman, NOT a racer. ANY of his past five predecessors would/could do a much better job.

Silverstone this weekend. Except for tyre failure, a sure Hamilton win.

So Hamilton, Rosberg, Kimi on hte podium with McLaren, Red Bull, Force India and Williams in the points. Verstappen first to crash.

Two days to Hungary.

And another well-driven, well-deserved win for Lewis.

Half Boost
    Was it just me or was the pit crew playing favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    Was it just me or was the pit crew playing favorites.
    Seems more like their stop watch was broken when counting the five (5) seconds. I was surprised there wasn't an official there to mark/observe start/end of penalty period.

In any case Rosberg was not going to be able to pass Lewis.

Half Boost
    The rear jack man was about a second slower than the front for Rosberg but not with Hamilton.

Tyre Torture

CorneringForceF1.jpg

It's almost time to close this thread and start a new one for the 2017 Season.

Any last thoughts on the last race this weekend? Will Rosberg get his first WC title and carry #1 on his car next year??

Or will Maldanado (can't rely on Verstappen - he mostly only hits red cars) take out Rosberg and Hamilton will win another WC title?

When will Maurizio Arrivabene be fired for not making Ferrari Winning more? Many much better people at Ferrari have been fired for less.

What will Button and Massa be racing next year?

Rosberg wins WDC ("Mauldanado" is only racing in his dreams)

Yes, he gets fired. They need the Brits to run a contending team. And the dumbshits parted ways with Allison.

Massa and Button have been mid-field journeymen for all but a few moments in their careers...who really cares where they go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Half Boost
    Should be interesting, they have nothing to stop them from racing. Merc has the constructors title and no matter what will have a drivers WC. What is the points spread. Does Rosberg only have to finish second to win the title?