Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: New Brake Lines?

New Brake Lines?

Hi All,

I have my 86 torn apart, (engine and transmission out) and am now clearing out the engine bay for repainting. I am looking at the brake lines running along the firewall and thinking there will never be an easier time to replace them than now!. I always lean towards replacing things while you are there, but also don't want to just throw money to the wind. No problems before the tear down, but they have been on there for 30 years. Just looking for your thoughts on to replace or not to replace. Thanks!

Classic Tube has sets available (and has the"patterns" to make them on short notice). The more expensive option is 304SS, about $200/US shipped.

Look here (copy while line to browser):
    http://www.classictube.com/catalogse...on=&sku=&price[from]=&price[to]=&year=1986&make=Ford%20Car&v_model=Mustang%20SVO&cab=&ton=& duty=&drive=&box=&engine=&ymm_cat=Complete%20Brake%20Line%20 Kit

Descriptions:
    SS, $179.00:
    (Late 1985-1986) - 1/4" Axle Lines (4 Wheel Disc)
    MU1047-SS is made of Stainless Steel Complete Brake Line Kit for a 1985-86 Ford Car Mustang SVO (Late 1985-1986) - 1/4" Axle Lines (4 Wheel Disc) to keep your vehicle running at its best

Mild steel, $155.00:
    (Late 1985-1986) - 1/4" Axle Lines (4 Wheel Disc)
    MU1047-OE is made of Original Factory Steel Complete Brake Line Kit for a 1985-86 Ford Car Mustang SVO (Late 1985-1986) - 1/4" Axle Lines (4 Wheel Disc) to keep your vehicle running at its best

In the thread titled "Creation of the Red Baron - Phase 1: Disassemble" ( http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...-1-Disassemble ) you can see [off-car] pics of the replacement SS brake tube set from Classic Tube for my 84 starting here ( http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...ll=1#post11165 ).

I did not post pics of the SS tube installation. However, if someone really needed them, I might could be coerced.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Thanks Mike. I take it your vote is to replace. That is what I am thinking. I have a 69 that has original brake lines, so it seems to me I could reuse, but it just looks too easy to pass up right now. Your Creation of the Red Baron thread is great. Thanks for taking the time to document!