Thread: Just Joined!

Noob

Just Joined!

Hi everyone! My name is Steve. I've always been a fan of SVO's but haven't managed to get the stars to line up just right to own one.

I currently have a 1985 GT that I've done a few things to. Check the pic below. Nice to be aboard!

wheels on my car.jpg

Welcome Aboard!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Welcome! Hopefully the stars align soon for you, a SVO can actually be found pretty reasonably here and there. Nice GT, My first car was a 1983 GT back in college brings back good memories.

Half Boost
    Welcome and nice car. Apparently you already have the bug so an SVO would be right down your alley! I think these are the most under rated cars for sale personally.

Welcome aboard! Nice car. I am rebuilding an SVO that is going to be just about that color. I hope it ends up looking at good as your GT. As nice as the car looks, the green trees and what looks like a warm day is equally inviting. I am ready for some of that in Missouri!

Noob
    Thanks for the "warm" welcome everyone! Except to you Mr. Fleming, sir. It appears you reside in a spring training state too... lol

I appreciate the kind words!

Don't tell anyone, the pics make it look better than it really is... lol It's a 15-20 footer. Needs the trim painted, has plenty of garage rash and when it was painted by a PO they should have had a few issues fixed before they paid. lol I think it's Medium Charcoal Metallic, IIRC. The wheels look much better than the 10 holes that were on there and they went along way in improving the appearance.

Not to rub it in, I swear, but this time of year is really tops here. Sun is out, not a lot of rain. Comfy temps. Summer really sucks though... Really sucks. Did I say it sucks? lol

I actually looked at a "gaggle" of SVO's today. Seller has four as a group at one price. None were running though. I'll post a FYI thread on them. I'll get one at some point. Today wasn't that day...

EDIT- Looks like I won't be doing an FYI unless I put it in the wrong place... Seems I need a few more posts before I can do that in the For Sale section...

EDIT Part Deux- I found the In The Wild section... Post with link made...
    Last edited by qikgts; 02-25-2016 at 07:38 PM.

Get em while you can. A couple of publications have mentioned them recently.
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Noob
    I'll get there. Gotta find the "right" one...

EDIT- Looks like I won't be doing an FYI unless I put it in the wrong place... Seems I need a few more posts before I can do that in the For Sale section...
    We have a section titled "SVOs in the Wild" just for those 3rd party sellings.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Noob
    Welcome from one noon to another! Very sweet looking ride!
    Love them "shiny!"