Thread: Bucking

Question Bucking

Hello, am having a problem with the car bucking from time to time on deceleration coming into town if I feather the gas I can get it to quit, it's like it is loading up. I put my scanner on it and has no codes to speak of just 11 saying it's fine, it does have lumpy idle , it runs strong with no problems, just don't like cruising in traffic.any ideas would be great
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

For reference: Code "11" means Pass, aka no problems found.

Check your TPS closed-throttle setting and have a look at the wiring pigtail and harness between the TPS and the firewall harness for insulation loss/cracking.

Decel means closed throttle where timing is fixed (at base +20) and fuel is cut off. If fuel isn't being cut, it *may* cause some issues.

That's all of the EEC-related issues I can think of that would / might cause your symptom.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Ok Thanks Mike, I will look into first part of the week, let you how it pans out.

Half Boost
    Why about the IAC valve?

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    Why about the IAC valve?
    IAC should be wide open during all decel, until engine speed is low enough to enter the idle speed range.

And as long as fuel is shut off, the IAC will not have any effect although it may reduce engine braking slightly.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Unhappy

Well I have changed my IAC TPS O2 and its running better but the loading or bucking is still there??? No broken wires .

Wink

Sorry for the long delay very busy, My car is running much much better found a bad wire on my Idle control motor installed a new pig tail , O2 was polluted with oil when blow my turbo , never thought it would kill my engine power wise, Thanks for all your input.