Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Carpet replacement

Half Boost

Carpet replacement

I have taken the carpet out of my car and though it wasn't in bad shape am considering replacing it when I reinstall. It was glued down and would not go back in as nice looking as it came out. I would like opinions on removing old sound deadener and adhesive and any experiences with new carpet and sound deadener.

Half Boost
    If your Trying to keep the car original then I would do my best to keep the old carpet. If it is faded you can always get some dye for it. If you're not worried about originality then go ahead with new stuff. BUT, aftermarket carpet usually does not look or fit as nice as the original.
    Just my two cents of knowledge and experience.

Granted it's bee quite a few years I've ever seen but ALL of the aftermarket stuff was way under factory SVO quality and didn't fit properly.

If you want something that actually fits like it was made for the car, find a local auto carpet/upholstery shop. Then select the color/quality you want.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Half Boost
    After reading many posts on the subject I agree. I would like to add sound deadener before I take it in any recommendations there? From what I have read the dynamat is overpriced home depot ducting material.

I would like to add sound deadener before I take it in any recommendations there?
    Again, the auto carpet shop will have all that stuff available. And they can sew it into the carpet so the two don't move separately.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Noob
    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by navystang; 10-30-2016 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Wrong post

Half Boost
    Not bad looking for 30 years old.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wink

I replace the carpet in my car two years ago and I have no complaints with fit and the color was spot on I got it from NPD , it smells like new car again .
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

You can use a heat gun & putty knife to peel it away which can get messy if it is actually sticking still after all those years. Clean the metal with acetone to remove any residue remaining after the removal.

As for sound deadening, Dynamat works well & it is not the same stuff you buy at Home Depot for duct work. There are some really crappy brands out there that don't work so well. If you stick with Dynamat, Stinger Road Kill, Hushmat,or Sound Skins, you will have good results. All work well & are easily applied. Preparation is key to any of the sound deadening. If you don't thoroughly clean the surface to be applied to, it will not last. If you are doing the floor, near the exhaust system, you should consider the thermal barrier sound deadening.

Tools to consider when applying the deadening: http://www.dynamat.com/automotive-an...n/accessories/
    Last edited by Meotchh; 11-03-2016 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Forgot a brand
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Half Boost
    I used dynamat on a car and have had very good results with it. I would have no problem using it again.