Thread: hydraulic clutch master assmb.

hydraulic clutch master assmb.

http://www.moderndriveline.com/

Will it work on SVO?

Will it work on SVO?
    No idea from the webpage. You should ask them.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Half Boost
    Just my 2 cents, but I hate hydraulic clutches. Just one more complication to add to any mix. I had one in a '91 F150 and hated the clutch for the whole ten years I owned the truck. Then it started leaking.

Building Boost Bob, get off my lap! Jack Hidley's Avatar
    I plan on using the Modern Driveline kit for my 2.3EB installation. It by far appears to be the best engineering solution that I've seen for the Fox chassis. I do know that it won't work with a modular V8. The cylinder head interferes.

I agree that the mid 90s F150 hydraulic clutch feel is terrible and impossible to bleed to boot.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    Just my 2 cents, but I hate hydraulic clutches. Just one more complication to add to any mix. I had one in a '91 F150 and hated the clutch for the whole ten years I owned the truck. Then it started leaking.
    After messing around with stripped quadrants, broken cables, and broken dog bones (all at the most inopportune time, of course) to me, this deserves a good hard look.

The clutch on my 944 was hydraulic and started to leak (but would still work). Thought it was gonna cost an arm and a leg for the repair. Thirty-two DMs in parts and a hour at the auto craft shop. One of the easiest jobs I did on that car and was still working great 'til I had to sell it when I PCSed from Germany.

I know its a personal thing, but to me the hydraulic clutch (If done right) is a good thing.

JLP