Thread: Rear Springs 86 SVO

Rear Springs 86 SVO

Hi Guys

I been searching for hours and I just can not get a straight answer. I would like a set of rear springs on my SVO. My driver side is sitting 1-1.5" lower than my passenger side. The boots (rubbers) are original and are shot on the passenger side. I know they need to be replaced for sure. Either way the passenger side is sitting higher. Or the driver side is sitting lower??? I dont know which is out of whack. I have owned this car since 1992 and she is a DD for most of the year.

Where can I get rear springs for my SVO and are they specific to the SVO? Iknow the fronts are but dont know about the rear?

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Frank V
    Frank
    1985.5 9L
    1986 1D owned since 1992 and on the road!

Half Boost
    It's not your springs most likely. Mine is the same as are many others. I took out the springs and switched them from side to side and no change. Try that before you buy springs. I believe the spring seat in the body pushes up on the drivers side for what ever reason. I put a set of M&M adjustable ride height control arms on mine, leveled it out and now it's leaning again. I am going to make up a spacer for the top and weld it in to reinforce the spring seat and level the vehicle again.

cool I will try that.

thx
    Frank
    1985.5 9L

There used to be an insert that you could buy that would resolve this issue...
    7B SL55

Half Boost
    I bought an aluminum spacer for the bottom. That solved the problem the first time. But it came back, so I got the adjustable arms but now I am out of adjustment even with the spacer.

Thanks to all. I guess it is a common issue and "usually" not the spring itself.
    Frank
    1985.5 9L

Building Boost
    Hope this is not too late but when I bought my SVO (June of 1986) I noticed it sitting lower on the left rear side than the right. They replaced the left FRONT spring and it made the difference. Of course I knew more about the car than they did, even back then.