Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Anyone in Van Nuys?

Some Boost

Anyone in Van Nuys?

I wonder if someone would have time to look at an SVO for sale in Van Nuys? This really looks too good to be true, but I might pull the trigger if someone could look at it for me:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...033808471.html

Thanks!

Building Boost
    DAMN! Blue, SR and LOW miles. Texas plate on a car in Ca.?? Might not be that odd if they only moved out there recently or these pics are older.

I'm twice as far away as you though! LOL!!

Your link is 13 days old.
    Below link 7 days old and price is WAYYY more!!! But reduced?!?!!? And claiming lower miles?!?! WTH!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...042115044.html

Some Boost
    Something is up, for sure. The link you posted says 4500 miles, but the picture of the odometer still reads 5417. It would be nice if someone local could verify what's going on with this car.

Patrick [Pearson] is still making bi-monthly trips to Sunland, afaik.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Patrick [Pearson] is still making bi-monthly trips to Sunland, afaik.
    I have sent an email to Arnold at mustangsetc.com I get the feeling that he probably sells these vehicles on consignment.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic View Post
    I have sent an email to Arnold at mustangsetc.com I get the feeling that he probably sells these vehicles on consignment.
    I received a response from Arnold, and something still seems odd. The price is $26k, but he didn't address the disparate CL ads. He only says the car is like new and he would consider reasonable offers. Buyer beware. I'd love it if someone would actually go see the car.

Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic View Post
    I received a response from Arnold, and something still seems odd. The price is $26k, but he didn't address the disparate CL ads. He only says the car is like new and he would consider reasonable offers. Buyer beware. I'd love it if someone would actually go see the car.
    I've seen the car....2 years ago at his shop in Van Nuys. It seems he's had that car for years and it's just been sitting indoors. I didn't really take a close look but it seems its all there. He's just skimming the market to quote himself "find an ass for every seat" and see who will pay way over market for the car.

I have spoken to Arnold as well about the car... I got the feeling that he is not really interested in selling the car and as others have said, just throwing numbers out there to see if someone bites. Car has been advertised off and on for awhile now with prices ranging from $18-26k.

He was vey vague with his responses and wasn't interested in providing additional pics. I talked with another collector late last year out of Texas, he was trying to arrange a visit on a Saturday and Arnold was not interested in showing the car on a weekend...
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    I have spoken to Arnold as well about the car... I got the feeling that he is not really interested in selling the car and as others have said, just throwing numbers out there to see if someone bites. Car has been advertised off and on for awhile now with prices ranging from $18-26k.

He was vey vague with his responses and wasn't interested in providing additional pics. I talked with another collector late last year out of Texas, he was trying to arrange a visit on a Saturday and Arnold was not interested in showing the car on a weekend...
    I was going to pull the trigger on $18k. His response totally changed my mind on buying the car.

Noob
    It's my impression that the car hasn't ran in years and it might take some significant cash to get it back in proper working order. Am I Wrong to think that this car can't be worth more than $10,000?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by fastsvo View Post
    It's my impression that the car hasn't ran in years and it might take some significant cash to get it back in proper working order. Am I Wrong to think that this car can't be worth more than $10,000?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Well, that's the thing. He represented it as being like brand new, needs nothing. Then he tells me the price is $26k and the mileage might not be accurate or could be from an older picture. I'd love to have a blue or green SVO, but I won't risk spending that kind of money for a shady deal.

This looks like it is the same car as in this "SVO's in the Wild" link - https://www.svocop.com/forum/showthr...-on-Craigslist

5,713 miles as of 1-19-2016

Thanks Matt for posting the U-tube video. You think they would have removed the dust, etc. to get a better video for selling the car, hard to tell what is dirt/dust and what is wear. They also don't show the bi-wing. Further investigation indicates that it is a bi-wing (not BWD), and it also shows sold for $18,000.00 around 4-6-2017.

It has a Sticker on the window from Travis AFB for 1989. He was in the Air Force, not the Army. Travis AFB is west of Sacramento, Ca. by about 30 miles. The title may have never have changed from that time, but the Texas plate is odd.
    7B SL55