Thread: Looking for a SVO...

Some Boost

Looking for a SVO...

Musts:

No rust, all SVO specific parts there and in good shape (interior, spats, lights, wings, etc.)

In good running condition. Can be totally stock or modded, but I don't want a smoking, stumbling basket case.

Preferences:

85.5 or 86. Would like a rare color such as blue, green or white, but am open to others.

Don't bother:

I don't want a super low mileage trailer queen. I'll be purchasing this for my son, so I don't want to buy a super rare car that will, likely, be damaged through our ownership. We intend to drive and enjoy this car and will likely do some wrenching on it to make it faster.

Budget:

I'd like to keep the total transaction price, including shipping, around $10k or lower. I'm a cash buyer, so we won't need to worry about arranging financing or any other issues like that. If it's a really close match, I can go higher.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some Boost
    I can't get the pictures to load. The one I did see, of the interior, looks like it has Mustang GT seats and trim?

Seats, yes. Trim? I didn't see anything else that was from a GT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have an '86 1C (Black) that I've been passively trying to sell. It is my daily driver. It is basically a stock car, still have the factory boost solenoid and air cleaner box. A/C and heat both present and working. If you're intersted, I'll be happy to send current pictures (attached pictures are a year or two old but the car looks the same except I removed the ratty looking hoodpad). Car is located just outside Louisville, KY.

IMG_3959.JPGDSCF1005.jpgDSCF2186.JPG

Some Boost
    Yes, please send me all the pictures you care to, along with all the pertinent details (miles, maintenance, trouble issues, etc.) and your asking price. canyonsvo at gmail dot com.

This guy is really close to me. The ad is not active but I do not think he sold the car yet. $14000 Canadian (that's only $10500 US!) and comes with NOS Gatorbacks and other parts (just let me have my pick from the lot first!)

Seems a little high to me but a nicely driven (90K miles) original export (Canadian) car.

https://www.svocop.com/forum/showthr...gary-AB-Kijiji
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxBuddy View Post
    This guy is really close to me. The ad is not active but I do not think he sold the car yet. $14000 Canadian (that's only $10500 US!) and comes with NOS Gatorbacks and other parts (just let me have my pick from the lot first!)

Seems a little high to me but a nicely driven (90K miles) original export (Canadian) car.

https://www.svocop.com/forum/showthr...gary-AB-Kijiji
    Thanks. I have a deal to purchase DaveS' 86 1c.

Nice score. Dave's is a well maintained daily driver!
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Thanks for the kind words Mitch, I'd like to think it is one of the better running and dependable stock SVOs. I am going to miss it when it's gone. We're going to make Stacey's 1D SVO my new daily driver. After looking at new and used cars, i just couldn't find anything I enjoyed driving more than an SVO.

She's all tucked in ready for her trip tomorrow to her new home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some Boost
    Well, the 86 is here now. Thanks to Dave and Stacy for bringing it all the way to AR. I drove it around the neighborhood for a few minutes. Nice and tight, though it's funny to compare and contrast the technology of the 80s to now. You really have to "drive" the old cars. Looking forward to teaching the kids how to drive a stick. I'm glad I remember how

Hope you make it home safely, Dave and Stacy.

Some Boost
    She's a bit of a "smoker", though Dave told me that the front seal leaks. Looks like I'll be under her soon

Chris, I hope the car met or exceeded your son's expectations.
    There should be a front seal gasket set in the stuff that was in the white box. If it isn't the seal that's causing the smoke (heck, I think everything else has been replaced), remember this..."Honey, we need to go ahead and start the engine build now as the engine in there is a bit of a smoker..."
    Yep, we made it home safely, and I started converting the 1D into my new daily driver.
    Edit-Added picture of the post-sale drive home.
    Dave

IMG_20170408_095047796.jpg

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Chris, I hope the car met or exceeded your son's expectations.
    There should be a front seal gasket set in the stuff that was in the white box. If it isn't the seal that's causing the smoke (heck, I think everything else has been replaced), remember this..."Honey, we need to go ahead and start the engine build now as the engine in there is a bit of a smoker..."
    Yep, we made it home safely, and I started converting the 1D into my new daily driver.
    Dave
    Oh, he loves it. It was fun starting to teach him to drive it today. He thought he'd have it mastered right away. Not! It's amazing how much fine tuning of your feet, hands and brain have to take place to properly drive a manual. I think it will be another couple of weeks before he is driving on the street. I just hope the clutch survives

And you weren't kidding about the turbo being "vocal". I can't remember a turbo ever making that much (good) noise on my prior SVOs. Glad you made it home.

My dad brought home a 96 Pontiac bonneville as my first car. He got it for free at work. After replacing the engine he allowed me to sell it for my first mustang/Svo. Mine smoked when I got it. Turned out to be the valve stem seals. Good luck with your new Svo.
    Abolish the IRS, and End the Federal Reserve.