Thread: Dull or shiny clearcoat

Half Boost

Dull or shiny clearcoat

I'm cleaning my wheels up to get new tires on them. So my questions are these. Did SVO wheels come from the factory with clearcoat? I was under the impression they did but my wheels don't look like they ever had any on them. I'm putting clear on them either way. Should I use aflat clear or a gloss clear.
    I like the look of polished svo wheels but I'm keeping this car pretty original.

Some Boost
    The wheels did come with a gloss clear coat. The back side and the cut outs were not coated. When I had mind redone, I did the backside and cut outs. Makes cleaning much easier.

As Kevin said, gloss clear coat. The machining gives a 'rainbow' reflection.

DCP_0070.JPG

Half Boost
    Oh man Rod that is NICE looking. Hopefully mine will look like hat when Im done. I need to get back on that project. Other things have got in the way lately.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    Oh man Rod that is NICE looking. Hopefully mine will look like hat when Im done. I need to get back on that project. Other things have got in the way lately.
    Yea, I hear you...... all the time and the poor SVO ends up last on the list. Trying to spend some time on it this fall.

Building Boost
    Kevin - who did you use to re-coat the wheels on your car? I'm looking to get the wheels done on my car. Thanks