Thread: Dome light fuse blowing

Half Boost

Dome light fuse blowing

I suddenly have a problem with my dome lights blowing the fuse. I pulled all the bulbs with the door closed and as soon as the fuse touches it blows. I unhooked the switch in the door jamb and the fuse stayed. But isn't that kind of obvious? Because isn't that like removing the power? Although it did allow me to open my gas door. Could the door jamb switch be bad internally? And I do not have the plastic washer that goes between the switch and body but it was never there that I can remember. So is it more of a seal than an isolator?
    Anyone have a little insight or wisdom??

Did you service or replace the headliner recently? If not, ignore.

There' a harness (2 wires) that runs from the right front kick panel/EEC area up through the right a-pillar and extends to the center dome light (switched and non-switched) and then along the right side hand-hold area then center to the rear dome light.

The plastic washer looks to just be a paint protector as the switch bod would still ground on the threads.

Img_8432.jpg

Did you mess with the ignition switch recently? If you leave the drivers door closed and only open/close the passenger door does the fuse still blow?

BTW - you can put a test light in place of the fuse to test with. Save some fuses.

Passenger side switch has two wires going to it. When the door is open, the switch makes contact between the two contacts of the wires. Drivers side has three wires - the added one is for the ignition key switch notification that powers the buzzer.

If you remove and unplug the drivers side door switch, what changes?

Img_0320.jpgImg_0321.jpg

Lastly have you done anything with the wiring in the area to the door switches recently?
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Half Boost
    I haven't done anything to the car except drive it lately. I know about the wire up the passenger side. I had both doors closed and still blew the fuse.

Half Boost
    Mike, when I unplugged the switch the fuse did not blow.

Mike, when I unplugged the switch the fuse did not blow.
    Single switch? Or Drivers Side only?

If drivers side only, I'd look at the ignition switch key buzzer circuit. It's the same for all FOX models - not SVO-specific.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite