Posted about 7 hours ago
    1984 SVO MUSTANG EXTREMELY LOW MILES - $10500

image 1 of 12

1984 MUSTANG SVO

cylinders: 4 cylinders
    fuel: gas
    title status: clean
    transmission: manual

1984 Mustang SVO with only 39,742 original miles, this 1984 Mustang SVO is a low-mileage example of one of the best all-around performance Mustangs ever built. First offered in 1984 from Ford's then-new Special Vehicle Operations, the SVO Mustang combined turbocharged, small-displacement power with excellent handling, superb braking, distinctive looks and functional interior as the car "built by driving enthusiasts for driving enthusiasts." The SVO was powered by a turbocharged 2.3L 4-cylinder with air-to air intercooler and 5-speed manual transmission. The standard equipment list was impressive: Koni shocks adjustable to from city - cross-country - aggressive - competition settings, 4-wheel disc brakes (a first for Mustang), Quadra-Shock rear suspension with horizontally mounted shocks to dampen wheel hop, leather-wrapped Hurst shifter, bucket seats with inflatable lumbar support and knee support pull out. 16-inch aluminum wheels with five lugs instead of the four like other Fox-body Mustangs. General Extreme Contact Altimax HP 225/50/16Rtires. To assist drivers, the interior came with a wider brake pedal for enhanced heel-and-toe shifting and a dead pedal for driver bracing in hard turns. Air conditioning (recently converted to R134), power windows and door locks. A new Clarion AM/FM radio with C/D was installed with original Premium Sound speakers. On the outside, the SVO combined form and function with an aerodynamic nose, fog lights with fox head covers, hood with functional off-set scoop, spats at the wheel openings and a unique bi-wing rear spoiler. SVO still has its original stainless steel exhaust system. The car is accompanied with owner's manual, 4 factory Repair manuals and the original Koni shock adjusting tool also comes with rare 1/18 scale diecast model. Car was built November 1st 1983 and is 1 of 4508 built for the 1984 year, and comes with an SVO Owners Certificate of Authenticity.
    SEND NAME AND NUMBER OR WILL NOT RESPOND
    ASKING 10500.00/OFFER
    HARD TO FIND ONE NICER
    • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 6335133934
    posted: about 7 hours ago
    updated: about 7 hours ago

That is a nice low miler.
    If this was built in November of 83 wouldn't it have slapper bars instead of quadra-shocks?
    Ron
    The problem I never fix on my cars is the nut that holds the steering wheel

I would think it should be a slapper bar car? I also wasn't aware the original exhaust was SS why did they all rot out then? Car does look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
    I would think it should be a slapper bar car? I also wasn't aware the original exhaust was SS why did they all rot out then? Car does look nice.
    Hit and miss before mid-dec as to having quad shocks vs slapper bars. Seems the factory started randomly installing quads starting late October but didn't complete to all cars until mid-Dec. My 84 is a mid-November car and came with slappers.

"Stainless" does not mean rust-proof. All stainless steels will corrode/oxidize/rust in the right conditions since they all still contain iron. For example I have a SS440 diving knife that absolutely rusts every time it is exposed to ocean/salt water. But it keeps an edge far better than any 300-series SS.

Most exhaust system alloys are selected for strength at temps, not corrosion resistance.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Mike,
    What was the main reason for changing to the quad setup as opposed to the bars?
    Was it weight, traction, or price that motivated Ford to make this change?
    Ron
    The problem I never fix on my cars is the nut that holds the steering wheel