Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Tire tread designs

Half Boost

Tire tread designs

I know our cars came with directional tires, but is anyone running assymetric tread tires on thier svo? If so do you like them or not. I am thinking about a set of Cooper Zeon RS3A. My wife has a set on her Saabaru and we really like them. Although that car is all wheel drive.

I have Goodyear Eagle F-1 Asymmetrics on my 85 and I like them a lot, I have used them auto crossing it seems like it would put a bigger contact patch on the ground when turning hard theoretically giving better traction. For day to day driving probably don't notice any difference.

Building Boost
    I just replaced mine with Cooper Zeon RS -3A last week. It's much better than the previous set but that's no t saying much since they were very old tires. Most reviews I read gave it high marks. So far I'm happy with them and the purchase price isn't bad as well and come with a $100.00 prepaid Visa card from Cooper.

My 84 had a fresh set of the same Coopers mentioned above when I bought it this summer, they work fine. I have them tucked away now since getting a period-correct set of aftermarket wheels with some stickier rubber on them. If I'm going to do any longer trips with the car they will go back on.

cheers
    Ed

Gotta know how your gonna drive the car and in what conditions. Being is WA state I have to tolerate wet crap roads 3/4 of the year so I put kumho ecsta 4x tires on the car this last time. I like them enough I'll probably buy them again at the end of the season. They are just a little softer than the eagle gt which gives a nicer ride.