Thread: PIMP users

Some Boost

PIMP users

What are you doing in front of the turbo to replace the vam and tubing? Is there a filter that you can just clamp onto the turbo inlet? If so, does anyone have a part number?

There are filters available, but you would be better served by moving the filter up behind the headlight or into the fender for cooler air. You can use the existing hose off the turbo and put a piece of piping on the end and clamping a filter onto it. Stinger has a K&N filter that then work with that

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven855 View Post
    There are filters available, but you would be better served by moving the filter up behind the headlight or into the fender for cooler air. You can use the existing hose off the turbo and put a piece of piping on the end and clamping a filter onto it. Stinger has a K&N filter that then work with that
    Thanks. I ended up ordering the filter and adapter from Stinger. Do you run a Pimp system?

Yes, I have a pimp along with MS3’s. I can tell you support for the product is very good!

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic View Post
    Thanks. I ended up ordering the filter and adapter from Stinger. Do you run a Pimp system?
    What adapter? Does it move the filter off the turbo or just a way to make it fit?
    1984 Mercury Capri RS
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCurtin View Post
    What adapter? Does it move the filter off the turbo or just a way to make it fit?
    It’s just some piping for the end of the vam/turbo flex hose that allows you to clamp on the filter.

Some Boost
    Yep. Not sure how/if I'll actually use it. Where are you guys putting the ACT sensor and how?

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven855 View Post
    It’s just some piping for the end of the vam/turbo flex hose that allows you to clamp on the filter.
    Thanks. Any pictures?
    1984 Mercury Capri RS
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Half Boost
    I tapped the intake manifold. I have seen people just put it in the charge cooler piping right before the TB.

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    I tapped the intake manifold. I have seen people just put it in the charge cooler piping right before the TB.
    I used JB Weld to attach the IAT bung to the intercooler pipe right before the TB. I didn't even think it would work, but it's been holding for 10 years now.

owned since 2003, restomod

Ideally the temp sensor should be sampling the same air that the pressure sensor sees. As pressure drops, so will temp.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    Did you tap the intake on the car?
    Do you have a picture?

Half Boost
    No and No

Some Boost
    I used some left over 3" I/C piping and made my own CAI that goes behind the headlight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1986 SVO 1E (IRS'd and too much $$ spent making it turn and stop)