Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sturgis 2018

Sturgis 2018

SVOCOP missed Sturgis 2017. I'm trying to gauge interest in attending Sturgis 2018. It is August 28 through September 2 this year.
    More info is available here: http://sturgismustangrally.com/
    If we're going to book a rental house, we need to start real soon.
    Let me know if you're interested.

Max and Debbie are in. Debbie is retiring... again and says she is ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MSheff View Post
    Max and Debbie are in. Debbie is retiring... again and says she is ready to go.
    Glad to hear that! This time you'll make Sturgis with an SVO?

I'm in. There was also talk of doing something at a Mustang event south this year (near Max). Is that still in the works?
    Bad choices make great stories....!

Half Boost
    If we have enough I am in.

I am not real sure about that event near Joplin and won't really know until autocrosses get started later in the year. Thus, didn't want to miss Sturgis opportunities. This may be something we want to look into in later years. I just need to find out more about it.

I would be interested in an event in the Joplin area. It’s just up the road from me.

Boulder Canyon and High Stakes Haven are both still available during Sturgis. It looks like we have 10?
    Max & Debbie
    Frank & Cyndie (yellow fox convertible)
    Dave & Stacey
    Mitch & Lisa
    Doug
    Bruce
    List price divided between ten would be about $396 per person for the week for Boulder Canyon and about $157.50 per person for High Stakes Haven. Last time we looked at High Stakes Haven, it was risky because the owner was trying to sell it and if sold, it may not be available for rent.

Questions abound! Is anybody else interested? What do you guys think, is $396.50 per person palatable? If we decide to go for it, we'd have to determine a "refund policy" for those that might cancel.

Let me know.

Half Boost
    I am in.

Me, Lisa, Gabby, & Sarah are all in. Let me know what the prices is for 4 & under.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Quote Originally Posted by Meotchh View Post
    Let me know what the prices is for 4 & under.
    $600 for the week. Each.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    $600 for the week. Each.
    If you come Mitch there are extra fees for pain and suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Boulder Canyon and High Stakes Haven are both still available during Sturgis. It looks like we have 8?
    Max & Debbie
    Dave & Stacey
    Mitch & Lisa
    Doug
    Bruce
    List price divided between eight would be about $495 per person for the week for Boulder Canyon and about $197 per person for High Stakes Haven. Last time we looked at High Stakes Haven, it was risky because the owner was trying to sell it and if sold, it may not be available for rent.

Questions abound! Is anybody else interested? What do you guys think, is $495 per person palatable? If we decide to go for it, we'd have to determine a "refund policy" for those that might cancel.

Let me know.
    Update on number and price...see above Should we do Boulder Canyon or High Stakes Haven?
    And I'll throw this out to the group...what about children under 4? You can PM me with your thoughts if you wish.

Half Boost
    Don't know anywhere we could get the quality accommodations we get here for under 100 a night!

Interested

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    Don't know anywhere we could get the quality accommodations we get here for under 100 a night!
    If there is still room for the week or part of the week I would be interested too, need to clear the wife's work schedule I have been off the grid with winter activities and not roaming the site.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
    If there is still room for the week or part of the week I would be interested too, need to clear the wife's work schedule I have been off the grid with winter activities and not roaming the site.

Tom
    Tom,
    Would it be you or you and your wife? I'm sure we can figure out a way to make it work...if nothing else, for the awesome blueberry pancakes you make for breakfast!
    Dave

One question for all...two years ago, Bruce and Doug arrived on Monday so they could participate in the autocross school. Should we look at reserving the house a day earlier than we have in the past? Is there anybody who wants to arrive on Monday and attend the autocross school on Tuesday?
    The list cost for the lodge is $545 per day.

It would be just me as she needs to work and care for the dogs, Her schedule is not yet decided until March and her group is currently understaffed so I can not say for sure for another month, I'm glad I have a normal job with vacation. I would definitely bring a SVO this year maybe the 85 after I get a dent removed and trim painted the proper charcoal gray maybe I would be in the running for a stock fox body plaque. Thanks to Doug for getting the steering coupler replaced I can even drive it safely. The old coupler was in 5-6 pieces. I would be willing to sleep on an air mattress in the garage if need be.

We would not be interested in the house until Tuesday. Either of the two houses work for us.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    ...List price divided between ten would be about $396 per person for the week for Boulder Canyon and about $157.50 per person for High Stakes Haven....
    How is it you're getting only $157.50 for High Stake Haven? Website says $3,705/week for High Stakes, $3,965 for Boulder Canyon (??)
    Bad choices make great stories....!