Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sturgis 2018

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    ...what about children under 4? You can PM me with your thoughts if you wish.
    Just throwing this out there:
    Under 10, count as 0
    10-14, count as 1/2
    15 and up, count as 1
    Bad choices make great stories....!

One question for all...two years ago, Bruce and Doug arrived on Monday so they could participate in the autocross school. Should we look at reserving the house a day earlier than we have in the past? Is there anybody who wants to arrive on Monday and attend the autocross school on Tuesday?
    The list cost for the lodge is $545 per day.
    The school is running only Wednesday this year. I'll definitely be doing that again - total BLAST! Worth every penny, including the complete destruction of a set of tires.

Gotta improve on that 3rd place finish.

Half Boost
    I am with Doug on the pricing / age. I was sure glad Doug had an old set of tires to donate to the cause. The school was a gas! I will have to figure out what tires to wear down this year. My autocross tires or street. Either way I will be with the big group this year, not on race tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    How is it you're getting only $157.50 for High Stake Haven? Website says $3,705/week for High Stakes, $3,965 for Boulder Canyon (??)
    When I checked the Executive Lodging website, I had to do a double and triple take on the price; it was SO MUCH lower than any of their other properties. Obviously, it was an error as it appears they have corrected it now. Hopefully that restores your confidence in my algebraic abilities.
    Dave

Boulder Canyon and High Stakes Haven are both still available during Sturgis. It looks like we have 9.
    Max & Debbie
    Dave & Stacey
    Mitch & Lisa
    Doug
    Bruce
    Tommy B.

I'll call Executive Lodging this week and see what they can do on price. I do like Doug's call on prices vs. ages.
    I'll keep everyone posted.
    Dave

I won't know for sure till March, keeping my fingers crossed!!!

When I checked the Executive Lodging website, I had to do a double and triple take on the price; it was SO MUCH lower than any of their other properties. Obviously, it was an error as it appears they have corrected it now. Hopefully that restores your confidence in my algebraic abilities.
    Dave
    The price will be different when you call in to book the place. They do not include discounts on the site & they gave us a break for being returning customers. My vote is High Stakes, as long as the road construction is complete.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Half Boost
    High stakes looks nice, is there any better cell reception there? How much further is it and why is it cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    High stakes looks nice, is there any better cell reception there? How much further is it and why is it cheaper?
    I've talked with Ex. Lodging and High Stakes Haven pricing is an error on their website. I'm currently awaiting pricing from Ex. Lodging.

Private Message sent to Max & Debbie, Dave & Stacey, Mitch & Lisa, Doug, Bruce, Tommy B.

Now the dilemma....we just got a 2015 Ecoboost Mustang with Performance Pack and Recarro seats....what to bring, what to bring...?????

Half Boost
    Did you sell the race wheels and tires? If not bring the Ecoboost and the race wheels for me! LOL

I like the venue we had the last time, parking is a big concern and that's good there.

Now the dilemma....we just got a 2015 Ecoboost Mustang with Performance Pack and Recarro seats....what to bring, what to bring...?????
    You could drive the 2015 and save big time on towing costs. For what you'll save in gas you could buy one of those little tire tote trailers for Stacy's race slicks.

Half Boost
    Wow I am so in tune with bringing a truck full of stuff I never even thought about them driving the new car out. That would make the most sense though. Smooth ride and comfy seats never mind the gas mileage.

How many rocks will that thing haul?

OK, we're booked at Boulder Canyon Lodge. I've sent a PM to those who are going along with "what to do next" information.

If anybody else wants to go to the Sturgis Mustang Rally this year, send me a PM and we'll make it work!

Dave

Thanks for the prep work Dave!

Half Boost
    DITTO

It's a good thing we aren't there this week...

Blizzard.jpg

Thanks for taking on the accommodations this year Dave! As usual, if there are more people looking to join in on the fun, let us know. If we are packed in at the house, we can still try to help with getting booked.

Dave, you are not racing my new car! It is staying home in the safety of the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by SVOStacey View Post
    Dave, you are not racing my new car! It is staying home in the safety of the garage.
    Actually Stacy, I kinda figured YOU would be autocrossing the EcoBoost...