Thread: Engine harness connector identification.

Engine harness connector identification.

Just tore out my engine harness to replace with a new RF pi.m.p harness. I have a couple of connectors I need help Identifying, and one I believe I figured out but need to verify.

1)The green connector that I think I identified in my 86 diagram, is located on the engine harness and connects in the passenger side kick panel (it comes out of the harness fairly close to the EEC conector, as shown in picture) It appears to go to the BCS, and Turbo press swtch/ and "outage display console", as well as another connector that is not identified by name in the diagram. I am questioning this one because not all colors and tracers are correct on the connector when compared to the Ford diagram.
    IMG_0913.jpg

2) I cannot seem to find this connector anywhere in my '86 diagrams. It is a four (round) pin connector with wire colors ( white/green tracer, red, black, and yellow) that comes off of the harness in the same place the EEC relay does (as you can see in the photo), it goes up and follows the dash all the way to the driver side kick panel with a group of many connectors.

IMG_0915.jpg

3) This is another one I believe I may have identified. It is located on the driver side engine compartment (by the wiper motor) connects from the engine harness to a connector coming off of the lighting harness (out of the firewall by the wiper motor) Lat time the car was running I had to solder in a 6 terminal weatherpack in place of the factory connector as it was deteriorating/broken ( so please excuse the embarrassing aftermarket connector) FWIW, when I was working at Ford, the factory connector was still available in the connector book, at a premium price. I believe I found this in my wiring diagram, two pins appear to go to the TFI, one compressor clutch control, one water temp sensor indicator, EEC power relay, Fan/AC controller, and E coil. Have not been able to go out and verify the wire colors on these yet compared to the manual, I included a picture of the old connector (IIRC). Thank you for your help in advance!

IMG_0906.jpgIMG_0916.jpg

Anyone?

What year SVO? I have pics of almost everything wiring related for an 84.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    What year SVO? I have pics of almost everything wiring related for an 84.
    Mike, this is on my '86.

I am just trying to find out what circuits the 3 connectors pictured are for, since the factory engine harness has them and the RF PImp harness does not have them. I think I have figured out #1 and #3 connector pictures above. but the #2 connector pictured above seems to not be present in any of my factory diagram sheets.

I'll check that out in the EVTM tomorrow. It's late & I'm too tired to go out to the garage tonight.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Okay, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SVOfish View Post
    Okay, thank you!
    Tomorrow came & went but it is still coming up in the morning too. I've been buried with work this week.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Quote Originally Posted by Meotchh View Post
    Tomorrow came & went but it is still coming up in the morning too. I've been buried with work this week.
    No problem.

Noob
    Hey SVOfish, I'm installing the same harness on my 1984 SVO, did you ever figure out where all the wiring you referred to as 1,2 and 3 connectors wires went? What are they for? can you remember? Thanks!