Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intercooler upgrade question

Oh crap I just put 2 and 2 together... I know who's car you bought lol. Knowing this now, is there any way you can take some pictures of the bell core and the svo intercooler shell I still think thats your best bet. I know it can be done as guys in the past have made it work but I need to see it to make any suggestions.... Hell depending on what I see I'd personally take a crack at making it work...

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    Oh crap I just put 2 and 2 together... I know who's car you bought lol. Knowing this now, is there any way you can take some pictures of the bell core and the svo intercooler shell I still think thats your best bet. I know it can be done as guys in the past have made it work but I need to see it to make any suggestions.... Hell depending on what I see I'd personally take a crack at making it work...
    The Bell core is just like the stock core, but it doesn't have the metal ridges that hold the stock seals in place. I tried using some silicone and ultra grey but that didn't work. I need to take a look at how much the Gnari moves the radiator back to see if that would work.

Would it be possible to have the ridges welded onto the bell core for a simple fix?

I need to dig mine out and open it up to see what it looks like, been to long...

Some Boost
    Would it be possible to have the ridges welded onto the bell core for a simple fix?

I need to dig mine out and open it up to see what it looks like, been to long...

Unfortunately, no. The Bell core measures exactly the same as the stock core with ridges. That is, if you welded the ridges on, it would no longer fit in the housing with the stock seals.

Well it can be done because Jim sold a few of these kits hopefully someone who has one will step up and show us just wth he did...

Some Boost
    At this point, I'm trying to decide between Stinger's kit or Gnari's. There's not much difference in price and I already have the BOV I bought from Stinger. The Gnari unit looks nicer/better, but that may just be me.

Here I finally found a link to someone who got this to work just incase anyone else is following along thanks to Ken Potter. http://www.svoca.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=Bell

Some Boost
    Here I finally found a link to someone who got this to work just incase anyone else is following along thanks to Ken Potter. http://www.svoca.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=Bell
    I have seen that thread. While I did not attempt to use the stock seals, the reason was because the core won't fit in the housing with the stock seals.

Did you catch the part about trimming the stock seals?

Some Boost
    Yes, but I didn't want to risk ruining them, so I made my own.

I reused the stock seals and just trimmed them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven855 View Post
    I reused the stock seals and just trimmed them down.
    Trimmed in what way, thickness?

Some Boost
    I found a I/C that fits in front of the radiator really well. It does require a bit of work and a little trimming to get it to fit, but in my mind almost looks like it belongs there.

Link ----> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1986 SVO 1E (IRS'd and too much $$ spent making it turn and stop)

Looks good I take it there will be no A/C.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well if he moved the radiator back like I did then there would be space for the condenser.

Some Boost
    So...... after jacking with the Gnari kit for about 4 hours, I'm convinced it is not intended to keep the a/c. Looks like I'll be sending it back and maybe looking at Stinger's kit.

Where was the issue? Pictures maybe?

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven855 View Post
    Where was the issue? Pictures maybe?
    Lots of issues. I'll detail them when I have more energy and time. But this kit should not be marketed as an easy swap.

Some Boost
    Still working on it. I was able to get the intercooler mounted so far. Since they have NO instructions, you have to figure it out as you go. The front charge pipe goes in front of both the condensor and the power steering lines. You have to move them a bit and it's still a tight fit. Looks like I'll be losing the charcoal canister as well.

Some Boost
    How wide is the stock radiator? No way mine is going back in.
    Last edited by majestic; 06-03-2018 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Spelling