Thread: Value of pass side outer marker?

Value of pass side outer marker?

I have a pass side outer marker light I want to sell. It came off the 66,000 mile '86 SVO we turned into a track car.
    I have a nice full set of spares for my two SVOs so this one is an 'extra'. If anyone here needs it I'd rather sell it to a member instead of listing it on EvilBay or Amazon.
    I was thinking of listing it for $300 shipped, is that a reasonable price, too high, too low? Need the money for the engine rebuild in the race car.
    I also have the rest of the inners and outers but they have various degrees of damage.
    Thanks, Paul
    86 SVOs = 2A - Drag & 2R - Driver & 1C - Rusty
    84 GT Turbos = 'verts & hatch

Building Boost

Value of pass side outer marker?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Puppy View Post
    I have a pass side outer marker light I want to sell. It came off the 66,000 mile '86 SVO we turned into a track car.
    I have a nice full set of spares for my two SVOs so this one is an 'extra'. If anyone here needs it I'd rather sell it to a member instead of listing it on EvilBay or Amazon.
    I was thinking of listing it for $300 shipped, is that a reasonable price, too high, too low? Need the money for the engine rebuild in the race car.
    I also have the rest of the inners and outers but they have various degrees of damage.
    Thanks, Paul
    There was an entire set of six nos lights still in boxes for an 85.5 or 86 svo that sold on eBay last year for $1000. Also a few months ago here in south florida on Craigslist for the same price.

I’d post a picture on here and see if there is anyone is interested. I think $300 is too high unless it’s flawless JMO. Who knows though, what it’s worth to someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ddx, that's the input I was looking for. I want to sell it at a fair price for both parties involved.
    Preferably to someone who really needs it for their car, not some interweb troll looking to flip it and make a killing.
    I'll take some pics of all the lights and post them in the For Sale forum.

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Puppy View Post
    Thanks ddx, that's the input I was looking for. I want to sell it at a fair price for both parties involved.
    Preferably to someone who really needs it for their car, not some interweb troll looking to flip it and make a killing.
    I'll take some pics of all the lights and post them in the For Sale forum.
    Yeah I think that’s your best bet.

I bought an inner marker last year new passenger side NOS for $80 on eBay, then paid $250 this year for a new driver’s side NOS light.

Sold both my old inners for $200 on eBay. So not too bad after the offset.

Sorry to digress, good luck with your sale. Wish you had a nice set of two outers that matched. I’d be in!

Regards,
    Drew

Old ones

New ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul,
    I would say if it's listed between $150-$300, & it's in good condition (no yellowing, cracking, or other damage) you should have no problem selling it. Since there are no new makers in production at this time, that's a pretty fair range.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Thanks Mitch, I believe the pass side is the harder one to find isn't it?
    The outer driver's side 'tabs' have some damage and the studs are missing but the lens is good.
    It could combined with a good housing if someone needed to replace a cracked lens.