Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Motorcraft "oil in a bag"

Motorcraft "oil in a bag"

Thought I'd post this as I've seen this item on Rockauto's website for a while now. I finally ordered it (I have two non-SVO vehicles that use factory-recommended 5w-30 oil) and also plan to try it in my SVO.
    Motorcraft has been selling "oil in a bag" now since 2016. They have a limited number of fluids available in a bag; the one I ordered is 5w-30 fully synthetic oil. The price plus shipping is less than what I spent for the Motorcraft synthetic blend oil and storage is much easier for this amount of oil. My biggest fear is I couldn't find out what the dispensing method is. It turns out it is similar to "wine in a box", so dispensing and storage is about as easy as it gets.
    I've not used it, but figure I'd share my experiences so far. I've attached a few pictures for those who are interested.

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

Make a lot of packaging sense!

Dave its almost as good as Milk in a bag

Quote Originally Posted by Robertosvo View Post
    Dave its almost as good as Milk in a bag

Exactly what I thought...except you don't have to clip off the corner and put in a plastic pitcher!
    Check out the third and fourth posting on this page: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...s_/5-1853468/?
    Dave

Half Boost
    Is there a shelf life on synthetic oil?