Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Radiator suggestion

Some Boost

Radiator suggestion

I need a radiator that is no wider than 25 inches, end to end to replace the stock unit, as the Gnari FMIC won't fit with it. The other dimensions can be the same as stock and I need to hoses to mount like stock, too. Any ideas? I'll also need a fan, but I don't think that will be too much trouble to find.

Some Boost
    I can get the right size from Griffin, Be-Cool, etc., but the inlet and outlets aren't the correct size. Does anyone know of a narrower replacement that is otherwise the same as stock? Help

Some Boost
    So.... Griffin responded with a quote of $650 just to modify the inlet/outlet on one of their stock units.

Quote Originally Posted by majestic View Post
    So.... Griffin responded with a quote of $650 just to modify the inlet/outlet on one of their stock units.
    So it's $650 PLUS the cost of the new radiator??

WTF. O?
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    So it's $650 PLUS the cost of the new radiator??

WTF. O?
    No, that's the total price. I'm just going to piece together some couplers to make the unit I ordered work.

I ordered a nice unit from Jegs that was a little narrower than stock that fit all the hoses just fine, maybe look in their catalog? for specific dimensions. Just make sure you drill and tap for a drain petcock draining out the top is a pain when it needs to be done. This is the best pic I can find.IMG_1452.JPG

I don't understand why they sell a radiator without a drain tap. The only reason I can think of is to save a few ounces of weight. I bought new one years ago for $125 and it has a drain tap.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Pressure View Post
    I don't understand why they sell a radiator without a drain tap. The only reason I can think of is to save a few ounces of weight. I bought new one years ago for $125 and it has a drain tap.
    I asked the RonDavis sales rep when I bought mine and basically some racing rules don't allow them due to high probability of leaking.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
    I ordered a nice unit from Jegs that was a little narrower than stock that fit all the hoses just fine, maybe look in their catalog? for specific dimensions. Just make sure you drill and tap for a drain petcock draining out the top is a pain when it needs to be done. This is the best pic I can find.IMG_1452.JPG
    Drain out the top? Just take off the lower radiator hose

Quote Originally Posted by majestic View Post
    Drain out the top? Just take off the lower radiator hose
    Frequently the lower radiator hose tube isn't the lowest part on the side tank.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Also tends to flow pretty good and make a big mess despite the size of the drain pan

Building Boost
    I swapped in an aluminum unit from Champion last year. Bolted right in, hoses fit right up, runs wayyyy cooler now, right where it should be. Better than new, even. Car has 68,000 miles on it now. I did have to add a spacer on the top driver's side mounting pin for the electric fan bracket (available from any Ace Hardware store).