Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Intermittent wiper issues

Building Boost

Intermittent wiper issues

I've been trying to troubleshoot whyy wipers won't turn off.. They turned on, and just stay on, regardless of where the switch is set.
    Narrowed it down, and it is wiper control module under the dash. I cleaned it and all the connections out, and had it working with it just hanging there under the dash, but when I put it back together and checked it, the wipers kicked on even with the switch off again.
    I still had the circuit board hanging there and when I picked it up, in heard a little click, and they turned off. Still tinkering with it, but thought some of you would find this little gadget interesting.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Building Boost
    So to add to this question. Does anyone know the difference between the earlier wiper control and the 84-86 one? There's one on eBay from a 79 pace car, but it has a different part number, and has a couple ground wires around the mounting holes. Anyone know if this will work on our svos?

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Knock on wood..... it's something I've never had to deal with on the SVO so no help here. Wipers on my 83 TBird wouldn't PARK at on time and think a new switch fixed that. Good luck and keep us posted on your findings.

Half Boost
    I think you should check some of the wires. You say you heard a clicking when you moved the module up into place. It sounds like one or more of them is shorting out.

Building Boost
    I've nailed this down. It is the ground on the wiper motor body.
    If they happen to come on, or stay on, I can jiggle this wire, and they will stop.
    So I will be taking the motor off, and cleaning the connector, and sraping paint and dirt away to make sure it has a good ground.
    I found this solution on RockAuto, of all places.