Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Shifter?

Some Boost

Shifter?

Is the SVO shifter a worthwhile upgrade on a regular turbo 4? What is the current going price on them? Thanks.

I installed the Hurst shifter kit years ago on a friends SVO. Easy install. It does make a big difference in the shifting. A good upgrade.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Building Boost
    Most any aftermarket shifter is an upgrade.
    I have a MAC shifter, and a Steeda handle on mine. Much more precise shifts.

Some Boost
    I did not want to spend $150 on an aftermarket shifter. I can get a used svo one for <$100.

Building Boost
    I bought mine used, and probably spent about $100.
    A used SVO shifter is going to have old rubber isolators, and likely be barely better than what you have.
    I'd save your hunting, and find a used, good aftermarket shifter.

Some Boost
    The GT shifter seems to be a reach when moving forward. I don’t recall ever having that issue on my svo. I already replaced the rubber bushings with solid plastic bushings. I don’t think the seat extensions are causing the issue.

Thanks for the answers.