Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo and manifold upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by majestic View Post
    OK.... let's pretend I have a Bo 1.5, because I will probably end up getting one soon. (He does have a roller version, right?)
    All of boports cams are rollers.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    All of boports cams are rollers.
    Cool. I just ordered the 1.5 and springs.

To bad its so damn expensive and time consuming but an A/B dyno test between the two cams would be interesting.

Some Boost
    To bad its so damn expensive and time consuming but an A/B dyno test between the two cams would be interesting.
    Between which two cams?

Some Boost
    Has anybody used one of these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-85-89-...itleDesc=0%7C0

Is that just a crack-fest waiting to happen?

Between which two cams?
    Between the ranger roller you have now and the bo1.5. Basically do all your other changes such as the cam and exhaust manifold. Then dyno that set up with the ranger cam, then swap cams and repeat. Change nothing else not even the boost for the 1st few pulls to get an accurate comparison. After tweek your boost and anything else you'd like. But again I realise this takes time and money. If I could work out a deal with boport I'd dyno my car with the stock 86 cam, then the boport 1.1, finishing with the 1.5.

Has anybody used one of these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-85-89-...itleDesc=0%7C0

Is that just a crack-fest waiting to happen?
    Its a copy of the old Rod's header so the design is good but odds are is thin cheap metal. That said if you were to buy one and it fit well send it off to someone like beanman or boport and see if they will copy it out of quality metal.

Some Boost
    Between the ranger roller you have now and the bo1.5. Basically do all your other changes such as the cam and exhaust manifold. Then dyno that set up with the ranger cam, then swap cams and repeat. Change nothing else not even the boost for the 1st few pulls to get an accurate comparison. After tweek your boost and anything else you'd like. But again I realise this takes time and money. If I could work out a deal with boport I'd dyno my car with the stock 86 cam, then the boport 1.1, finishing with the 1.5.

Its a copy of the old Rod's header so the design is good but odds are is thin cheap metal. That said if you were to buy one and it fit well send it off to someone like beanman or boport and see if they will copy it out of quality metal.
    Ah, got it. Yea, I'm not doing all of that on my own dime. Boport says 40hp over stock with the 1.5. I'll take his word for it. I didn't notice that link was to XS Power. I remember now that their headers are junk. I'll find something else.

40 HP over a A-231 Ford (Crane) that's a lot from just a cam. What are the specs on the 1.5?
    Last edited by Under Pressure; 07-29-2018 at 03:40 AM.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All he lists on his site is that its 436" advertised lift.

Half Boost
    Bo does not list the spec's. Says he has too much development cost into them.