Thread: Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup 2019 SVOCOP gathering

Post Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup 2019 SVOCOP gathering

So 2019 brings a new event for the SVOCOP. The schedule had been announced for the 2019 Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup in Steamboat Springs, CO.
    June 13-15.
    The plan is to replace the annual Sturgis Mustang Rally meetup with this event next year. I'll work on accommodation options after we return from Sturgis next month. I'll look into the hotel options as well as rental house options. If you're from the area, I'm open to recommendations. I'm planning on arriving on June 11 & starting through June 17.
    The autocross is limited to 200 entries, so if you plan on going, don't delay your registration. Plus we need to increase the odds of SVOs making it to the finals.

Here's the info on the show.
    https://www.steamboatchamber.com/sig...ustang-roundup
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Sounds like Fun! I'll tell my wife and see if she can request it off it is popular since it is Father's day weekend

Noob
    Hello and thanks for letting me join the group. I have a 86 9L car that is a project. Current fun car is my 66 Fastback. Anyhoo, I am very involved with RMMR, having served as the AX chairperson for the last three years and have been going up to RMMR for 10 or more years. I live around 3 hrs from Steamboat but am pretty familiar with the town. The Grand Hotel is where a lot of folks stay. I stay at the Rabbit Ears Motel downtown, very convenient if you want to walk around and have a malted beverage and not worry about driving. Will be more than happy to answer any questions

Quote Originally Posted by 66fastback86svo View Post
    ... I live around 3 hrs from Steamboat but am pretty familiar with the town... Will be more than happy to answer any questions
    Thanks! Our usual preference is non-hotel type accommodations. Any recommendations for rented homes?
    Bad choices make great stories....!

Hmmm, ~1100 miles, may have to consider as a new distance for a single trip. Longest trip so far is ~804 miles (Atlanta area 2x).
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 MINI Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    Hmmm, ~1100 miles, may have to consider as a new distance for a single trip. Longest trip so far is ~804 miles (Atlanta area 2x).
    Awesome Ted!
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...