Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Front bumper cover

Some Boost

Front bumper cover

Is there a place to get these for a reasonable amount? A friend of mine ran over the front left corner of my SVO and the cover is torn in a couple of spots. I'll take it to the body shop this week and see if they can fix it, but I'm thinking probably not.

I found one here: http://www.bumpermegastore.com/1984-...over-e5zz8190c

$1000 seems a bit high to me.

Define reasonable...

If it can be repaired, then that's the most reasonable you will likely find.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

if yours cant be fixed I have some extra ones in pretty good shape.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendal Coker View Post
    if yours cant be fixed I have some extra ones in pretty good shape.
    Thanks, Kendal! I'm going to take it over this afternoon. I'll let you know.

Some Boost
    OK, Kendal, let me know what you have and how much shipped to 72703. Mine can't be repaired.

I will get some pics tomorrow.

Just posted some parts over in the SVOs in the wild section. A bumper cover is included with the parts.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by rodster View Post
    Just posted some parts over in the SVOs in the wild section. A bumper cover is included with the parts.
    Thanks. I'll wait to see what Kendal has.

bumper covers

Bright red one has two tears on the corners. Dark one has two tears on one outer marker light side. $75 each. I have shipped them on bus for $100 or less. I also have used bumper cover epoxy from Auto Zone with pretty good luck. Might look in to that too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendal Coker View Post
    Bright red one has two tears on the corners. Dark one has two tears on one outer marker light side. $75 each. I have shipped them on bus for $100 or less. I also have used bumper cover epoxy from Auto Zone with pretty good luck. Might look in to that too.
    Thanks, Kendal. Those prices seem more than fair, but I'm really looking for a cover with little to no damage. The bumpermegastore people have not responded as to whether they actually have one in stock. If they do, that's probably the way I'll go. Mine is pretty messed up, but I don't know if the body shop would really want to mess with fixing yours or mine. Thanks again. If things change, I'll contact you.

Some Boost
    I've done some research on the bumpermegastore and I think they are probably scammers. They never answer the phone or respond to emails. I guess I'll just keep looking

Some Boost
    Were these not reproduced a few years back? I didn't have a SVO for quite awhile. Man, I will snatch up any repro parts from now on when they come out.

I think Daniel Carpenter has the original Ford tooling for this, and used to make them. I read somewhere that the tooling is damaged and they aren't fixing it because they don't think they will get a return on investment. But, at least the tooling still exists. I will absolutely buy a high quality reproduction if they become available again.

*edit: see http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-Bumper-Covers
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 08-08-2018 at 11:57 AM. Reason: found the source

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    owned since 2003, restomod

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I think Daniel Carpenter has the original Ford tooling for this, and used to make them. I read somewhere that the tooling is damaged and they aren't fixing it because they don't think they will get a return on investment. But, at least the tooling still exists. I will absolutely buy a high quality reproduction if they become available again.
    For sure. The body shop I had work on my SHO says they can fix it, so it goes in on the 20th. Fingers crossed.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post

*edit: see http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-Bumper-Covers
    Thanks for the link, interesting for sure. I wonder why Chip stopped making the PS outer marker lense? Man, I'd buy 3 right now. I have a couple of housings just begging for a nice lense.