Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Thoughts/recommendations on intake porting / manifold-turbo coating??

Thoughts/recommendations on intake porting / manifold-turbo coating??

In final stages of assembling my stroker 2.4L, goal is lower-end torque / autocrossing:
    * Long-rod w/offset ground crank, ceramic top pistons
    * Bo-port head w/2.1 cam
    * Bo-port E6 exhaust manifold
    * Evergreen T3 turbo
    * PIMP Ecu
    * E-85 (currently running with my stock motor)
    * Stock intercooler

Trying to build add'l torque/HP while keeping underhood as stock "appearing" as possible (for car shows).
    2 TBD's:
    * Square intake - Certainly I would not want it "gutted" but with low-end toque as target, do I leave it stock or do some porting?
    * I would like to keep the stock intercooler, but also shield it from the intense manifold/turbo heat. Considering options for ceramic coating of turbo and exhaust manifold. Side effects, effectiveness...?

Bad choices make great stories....!

Half Boost
    Sounds like a cool build. My 2.1 doesn't spool quick enough but with a stroker it might be perfect. As for coatings I have no clue.

Stock valves?
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Half Boost
    Bo Port head would have large valves.

Some Boost
    Ceramic coatings would certainly help reduce heat soak to the stock mounted IC. Cooler air definitely has a positive effect on torque.

I think some clean up work on the upper and lower intake without gutting will have a positive effect with the 2.1 cam. Use the e-bar method for setting up the cam and you will get gobs of lower end torque. I have a slow speed 90* turn up hill that I used to have to down shift from 2nd to 1st before resetting the cam with the e-bar.