Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: WTB: Front "J" type anti-rattle brackets

WTB: Front "J" type anti-rattle brackets

I redid the front brakes on my 86 SVO and found I was missing one of these anti rattle brackets. I need to install the missing one as after the work, I have noted some noise that I think is from the pads on that side.

Does anyone have two of these they would sell? NOS or decent usable condition? Ship to Calgary, Canada.

You can PM or text 403-998-211six

Thanks Darran

IMG_2484 (Small).JPG

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Clip, Ford #E4LY-2B164-B (obviously an '84 Lincoln part!), 4 pcs, locator #Q29AA.

Attachment 1790 Attachment 1791
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

I couldn't recall these parts so I did some research. According to someone on a Lincoln forum, the clips were only made by Ford to install if a customer complained about a rattle. Never installed from new. Could be next to impossible to find???

I read it on the internet so it must be true!

I noticed these clips on the front calipers. Then I took a look at the WhiteOx and it didn't have any. So since I work for a major auto parts chain, I figured I would just pick me up a set for the Ox. NOPE not available and not required as the book and computer said. It was like they never existed but I knew they did, as Blu has them installed. So I went to a long time brake shop that I thought would have a set laying around since they never throw anything away. Talked to the guy there and they know everything about brakes and he was baffled to what he could find out (nothing). So he called a good buddy of his that was an old Ford/Lincoln brake mechanic and this is what he said. These clips were never installed at the factory. They were produced after the Ford/Lincoln dealerships were getting some complaints of "rattling" noise from the front. They were only available through Ford and were installed on a car if there was a complaint or the customer had the car in for a brake job as a courtesy. Knowing this car and the owner that took it in for service at the dealer, these little clips were probably installed when he had it in. They are really hard to find, but luckily I did find some on Ebay.