Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Acquisition

New Acquisition

Sorry, it's not red. It is very quiet with instant acceleration. Some say they clock a 0-60 in 4.32 seconds.

Picked up late Tuesday morning. 16 miles at delivery.

Tesla Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor.
    Img_6705.jpgImg_6707.jpgImg_6712.jpg

Just for fun, visited a Supercharger on the way home. At a charging rate of 87KW, it adds 131 miles of range in 20 minutes (393 / hr).
    Img_6717.jpgImg_6719.jpg

Found three unattended Model S's charging.
    Img_6724.jpg
    Testing home charger (NOT 87KW!!).
    Img_6737.jpgImg_6736.jpg

Averaged 270 W/mile consumption.
    Img_6743.jpg
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Building Boost
    Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. How is the fit and finish, body panel gap, etc.? I've heard mixed reviews.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    owned since 2003, restomod

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Nice. How is the fit and finish, body panel gap, etc.? I've heard mixed reviews.
    Better than I was expecting. There is a slight mis-match on the front bumper cover corner where it meets the left front fender just forward of the wheel opening. The other three cover-to-fender gaps are good. The paint is very good - I had read LOTS of production line paint issues and did not see any on the several cars I looked over at the delivery center. They had LOTS of new Model 3s there.

Img_6654.jpg
    Img_6656.jpgImg_6664.jpgImg_6670.jpgImg_6673.jpgImg_6678.jpgImg_6679.jpgImg_6681.jpgImg_6686.jpg

Some sheet metal gaps are wider than my Toyota, but still not as bad as several Dodge's and GM vehicles I have seen. There is an expected larger gap between the rear glass and the rear trunk lid.

I definitely don't like the all-glass roof. Have to wear a hat to keep from getting my balding head baked in the 105+ degree Phoenix sun. I installed sunshades in the front and rear positions using suction cups for retention.

We are still adjusting to each other. Don't need brakes for 95% of driving - just lifting off the throttle completely will give ~0.4G braking force due to regenerative braking. One needs to feather off the throttle to keep from stopping too soon. Makes me wonder if the brake lights are on when lifting. One pedal driving!

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Very nice
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some timed runs using my QStarz Mdl 6000 track GPS:

0-60: 4.388, 4.378, 4.365 seconds

1/4 Mile: 12.786 seconds @ 112.001 MPH

Building Boost
    I like!!!

Building Boost
    So, when do you start disassembly and meticulously photographing for future Tesla rebuilders. Will there be an SVO Club of Tesla?

Quote Originally Posted by 94VERTiGO View Post
    So, when do you start disassembly and meticulously photographing for future Tesla rebuilders. Will there be an SVO Club of Tesla?
    It's got a nice ring to it. SVOCOT,

Not red?

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing some reviews. I'm sure electric is the future.

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    Nice one m8!! I've been eyeballing them but they're too small for the gear I need to transport. Unless they make a wagon or a van I think there's a Metris in my future.

I bought my wife a Kia Stinger. Not electric but lots of nice amenaties.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Pressure View Post
    I bought my wife a Kia Stinger. Not electric but lots of nice amenaties.
    Did you get the TT AWD? My daily is a 2013 SHO. I've been thinking about what I'll replace it with when the time comes.

Premium 2 wd 2.0T

Half Boost
    So Mike it's been about 4 months or so now. How are you and the Tesla getting along?

Tha car has its good points and bad ones. Tesla, the company, TOTALLY SUCKS. I've had some issues since day one and they're still not even addressed. There is no one in the whole company that is responsible for anything - and hundreds of other folks besides me are having the same issues. Doesn't matter who you talk to, if you can even find someone to answer a phone or reply to email, they can't help with that "...you'll need to speak with someone else as I can't help with that". And that other person or group never answers the phone and never calls back if you get voice mail and can manage to leave a message. Tesla has shown a "can't do and don't care" attitude in my case

Let me give a couple examples:

1. The MPVA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) has at least six financial errors on it. First off there is the price of the car, that part is correct (car + options). Then there's the delivery fee and "dealer doc fees" which are NOT taxable in Arizona (labors/services). But they added tax for both of those AND reported the car price + del fee + doc fee as the price of the car to DMV to base license fees on. And nobody knows where they got the sales tax amount - it doesn't match the actual state + city + county tax rate for any of the totals/subtotals. And, you guessed it, I can't find anyone that can address these issues. Nobody cares - "we got your money, we're done" attitude.

Additionally line-itemed an amount that they say was paid to DMV on the MVPA that was $80 MORE than what they actually paid to DMV. The amount they charged to my loan company was $148.21 more than the total price of the car, including del fee, doc fee, sales tax. license, etc. Completely leaving out my $3500 deposit - how they came up with these numbers is total greek to me and NO ONE will address these issues. No one ever calls back. Ever.

I have called sales - "Sorry, can't see that info you need to talk to finance." I have called fiance (direct line) more than 200 times and ALWAYS get voice mail. Left more than 50 voice messages and never heard back from anyone. I did speak with one guy that acted important and said that finance had to take HIS call but we got voice mail when we were all on the line. Never heard from him or finance again.

Service: Takes average 60 minutes to get someone to talk to at the national 800 number. You are placed on hold immediately ("Your call is important to us, you are in-line #xx, about 65 minutes ..." I've had a open service call in since October for two issues (has grown to 8 now). Rangers (field service staff) have talked to me about it to get more details and said they needed to order parts. Never heard back. From anyone.

Very frustrating. No one is minding the store.

And I'm hearing daily stories of bad service visits: service staff caused car damage that requires many more visits, work that is scheduled to take a couple hours that turns into weeks, etc.

Tesla is NOT in the car business and also NOT in the Customer Service business. A "car company" MUST be more than just innovation and technology. Tesla hasn't learned that yet. They're an innovation and technology company that just happens to sell their technology in the form of a car. They don't / didn't do any hot or cold weather testing. There have been 10 "software / firmware releases" since I bought my car in end of September. More than half of them to fix cold weather issues: the frame-less door glass sticks to the weatherstrip and doesn't auto-retract when opening the door which scratches/damages the trim above the door. The door handles freeze and can't physically be opened. The charging handle freezes into the charge port and can't be removed until the car thaws. These cars lock-up (similar to Windows 95?) and requires frequent rebooting. Curious that it's a three-finger salute, just like Micro$oft is most famous for. Each software update brings new features and breaks new stuff that need to get fixed in the next release. And behavior of the car (and the only interface, the touchscreen) changes between releases.

I could go on but that's enough for now.

Some of the faithful say it's just growing pains but I have known growing pains and this is purely a case of no one knows enough to run the store due to mass turnover. And no one up above cares.

Knowing what I know now, I would not buy another Tesla. The car is good, the COMPANY sucks.

Wow that's bad stuff. Elon has the cash but he needs to step aside of running it. Kia sent me a set of Bluetooth Karman Kardon headphone. Car is working great. Next wiil be a Kia truck for me.

^
    Yep, Mr. Musk is an Idea man. He's not an organizer nor is he even aware of the concept of Customer Service.

Half Boost
    Sorry to hear about all the issues. That straight up sucks!
    It is a very rare occurrence nowadays to find customer service. It's a shame. Money, money , money is all that matters now. New generation does not want to have any kind of human interaction it seems.