Thread: Clutch and flywheel....

Some Boost

Clutch and flywheel....

In the never-ending parts installation for this car, it appears it is now time for a new clutch. As is my style, I want to install a better/stronger clutch and a lighter flywheel. I think a marginally lighter flywheel would complement the Boport cam for a faster revving engine. Suggestions on clutch and flywheel combos?

Thanks!

I haven't driven one, but I'll be looking at a SPEC Stage 2+ when the time comes.

I'm not sure there's an easy solution for a lighter steel flywheel, and in my opinion an aluminum flywheel would be too light.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    owned since 2003, restomod

Some Boost
    I've got the Spec Aluminum Flywheel and a Spec Stage 3 clutch. I like both. If I had to drive in bumper to bumper traffic everyday, then I would have stayed with the stock flywheel.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    I've got the Spec Aluminum Flywheel and a Spec Stage 3 clutch. I like both. If I had to drive in bumper to bumper traffic everyday, then I would have stayed with the stock flywheel.
    Years ago I test drove a SVO with the aluminum flywheel. It was easy to stall but was fun to drive once going. Is that the issue you have with yours?

Some Boost
    Also, here is why I am thinking clutch issues. The clutch has been chirping for awhile now unless you lightly depress the clutch pedal. Now you have to smash the pedal to the floor to change gears. I don't want to tear up the synchros grinding gears and it doesn't adjust back any more by pulling back on the pedal.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Welp, I just ordered the Spec flywheel and 2+ clutch from Stinger. About all that's left to do is get bigger injectors and turn up the boost!

Some Boost
    Got the car back a couple of hours ago. I would definitely recommend this combo. It's like a completely different car. It will break the tires loose in first gear only running 12 lbs. boost. It really gets to redline in a hurry vs stock. I like it, a lot

Building Boost
    Which Boport cam do you have installed and are your intake and exhaust manifolds ported?

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzen View Post
    Which Boport cam do you have installed and are your intake and exhaust manifolds ported?
    1.5. Manifolds are stock.