Thread: A/c conversion kit installed

Building Boost

A/c conversion kit installed

Finally got the ac conversion kit installed. Blowing ice cold.

Here is a link that includes all parts and number and pictures from the LMR kit if it helps anyone.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/47smHvjgpCVxxuNd7

bad pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! Looks like the compressor mounts MUCH lower than the earlier bits from Hose Wizards.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Building Boost
    I should have taken a photo from down below as well but I didn't. You may be correct, I did have to buy a larger size belt for the install than what came with the kit.

I actually thought the Hose Wizard kit was the same as the LMR kit? I may have thought wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Sweet! Looks like the compressor mounts MUCH lower than the earlier bits from Hose Wizards.

Only 5.0 kits are shown on LMR website. How long ago did you purchase the 2.3 kit?

I got mine also from LMR it is the Hose Wizard Kit. I love it. Nice in the Summer.I found the best way to have the correct amount of r134 is to leave your gauges on in a stactic state overnight. Then use a pressure temp. chart. to get it right on the correct amount. then use the adjustment scvrew to adjust the clutch cycling.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Building Boost
    I believe I got it in mid August, I believe it was the last unit lmr had. And at that time they said the gentleman who was making the kits was not feeling well. I think he passed a short time afterwards. Sad...

That’s why I posted the link with a the kit info, you can pretty much make up everything. The only thing I should have done was make a template from the compressor bracket. That’s really the main part in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 86SVOwner View Post
    Only 5.0 kits are shown on LMR website. How long ago did you purchase the 2.3 kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Building Boost
    First, I am aware that this is an older thread, but it saved my life.

My SVO is arriving sometime in the next 6-8 days (I live in Texas, but the car I bought was in Oregon and is being shipped to me). The car had the AC removed some time ago. You cannot live in Houston, TX and have no AC unless you want to drive around in a sauna. I had been looking for the last few days for what exactly made up one of these kits that you cannot get any longer, and now I have that information so I am super happy...I do need to source a 3 groove crank pulley though because my SVO had the 3 groove replaced with a 2 groove Esslinger pulley.

Anyway, yay, I made a zombie thread!

Welcome Aboard!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Welcome! So, are you going to fabricate the bracket(s) needed to fit the other parts? Or are you aware of a new kit that is now available to put A/C in an SVO?

D
    No good deed goes unpunished!
    1985.5 SVO 1B

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by dznj View Post
    Welcome! So, are you going to fabricate the bracket(s) needed to fit the other parts? Or are you aware of a new kit that is now available to put A/C in an SVO?

D
    I am going to fabricate the brackets. I am not aware of any new kit, and I called around to a few places. I do not think that it will be too hard to make the brackets...a little welding and some trial and error and I should be right in there!

Quote Originally Posted by brotharon View Post
    I am going to fabricate the brackets. I am not aware of any new kit, and I called around to a few places. I do not think that it will be too hard to make the brackets...a little welding and some trial and error and I should be right in there!
    Have you made any progress with creating the a/c compressor bracket?