Thread: Detroit Gran Prix Pace Car SVO

Building Boost

Detroit Gran Prix Pace Car SVO

Anyone know of this car? I have seen one in Raleigh, NC near the North Hills area about a year ago. I drove back through looking for the car a couple weeks ago and didn't see it. Actually couldn't find the house... sounds weird, I know, but this area is prone to tearing down older homes and putting up bright and shiny new big boxes. I google searched it and found some info, and maybe 6 cars had the Pace Car livery added to them. I think they were '84 model year.

Yes there were 7 of them. The one that actually paced the race is in Pennsylvania at Gerry Ayers house. They were sold at the Dealers auction. The one you are talking about was purchased by an employee that worked at a dealership in that area. I talked to his son a few months ago. I also have one of them. Mine is Silver. I know there were at least 3 charcoal , one red, one black and one silver. Not sure what color the other one was.

Building Boost
    The one that I saw was black. It looked complete and the lights were in great shape. From what I could tell it only needed to be cleaned up. Body looked straight and paint / decals looked good. I sat in my car at the curb and gawked at it for several minutes...it was raining that day so I didn't get out and check it out closer. I was kinda hoping someone would notice me sitting there and come out, but that didn't happen. Were they '84 or '85s?

They were all 84's. The 85 DGP had Capris. I also had one of them but I sold it.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendal Coker View Post
    They were all 84's. The 85 DGP had Capris. I also had one of them but I sold it.
    My buddy just purchased a DGP Capri a couple of months ago. It has less than 10K miles on it.

Detroit GP

Here is a pic (really bad) but only one I have with the decals on it. It was turned into a race car.

Here is the Capri too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Building Boost
    Those are some great looking race SVOs. One day...One day. So, the number 56 car was a DGP car? I guess the DGP cars were just a decal package? nothing else done to the car to signify what it was?

Yes to all.