Thread: What are these wires with fusible links next to the starter solenoid?

Noob

What are these wires with fusible links next to the starter solenoid?

Curious what these wires do so I can better understand the electrical system.

IMG_20181209_183149.jpg

IMG_20181209_183225.jpg

Building Boost
    The black one with the connector should mate with it's matching male side and connect to the chassis (fenderwell) at a point between the battery and the starter solenoid. It is a MAJOR ground point for a bunch of circuits. The yellow is an important power pickup point that should be on the +12V battery side of the starter solenoid. I think the red/wht with the 90 degree slip-on is the starter solenoid "start" circuit. It looks like this car is missing it's starter solenoid and all of the wiring that connects to it is just hanging in the breeze.
    85.5 9L

The starter solenoid may be there - it's out of view. Placed on the inner fender between the washer bottle filler and the front of the shock tower.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

May be of some help...

http://www.mc-machine.com/pdf/1984.pdf
    http://www.mc-machine.com/pdf/1985.pdf
    http://www.mc-machine.com/pdf/1986.pdf

Right click and Save As... with these. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader as they are in PDF format. The diagrams have been scanned from the originals which were on sheets approximately 12" x 24". Thus, when each sheet is initially opened, the quality may seem poor until the image is zoomed.

Noob
    Ok I've gotten it figured out, thanks for the help! The diagrams are a great source of reference. I have the starter solenoid wired correctly and the motor cranks but the fuel pump doesnt prime. I pulled the relay form under the drivers seat and its rusted out so ill be replacing that this afternoon. The other issue im having is even jumping the relay connection the fuel pump still does not have power. There is a wire on my new harness labeled inertia -> FP that the instructions tell me to connect to the power wire to the pump and my understanding is the power wire to the pump is the pink wire with black hash marks? I know the pump is good because I connected it to a power source when I pulled the tank, and my ignition switch is brand new.

Half Boost
    You did check your inertia switch right?

Noob
    Yes I checked the inertia switch but I don't know how to be sure it isn't the problem? Besides resetting it how can I test the inertia switch to ensure it is working correctly?

Noob
    I bypassed the inertia switch for now and checked the wires going to the ignition switch. We had to rewire some of the connections from the new harness to the ignition switch to get the fuel pump to prime and it did, eventually!

So at this point we have spark and fuel but it seems like there isn't sufficient fuel to the cylinders to sustain combustion. We suspect the injectors are clogged due to the extended down time. We cranked the motor and tapped the injectors to knock some of the material loose but it wouldn't fire up. I am going to charge the battery overnight and try and crank it up tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the injectors will loosen up a bit and it will fire on all cylinders. I'll post an update tomorrow.