I need a new exhaust, muffler and tail pipe are rusted out. Ihave been searching around to see what the current options are for my 84 GT Turbo. Since the Ford parts book lists the same replacement as the SVO, many of my searches came back to this site. I’m not looking for anything performance oriented or 3”. This is what I have found so far in my search for a stock exhaust. And, oh I’m looking for used or NOS Ford as well.

Complete System: Stinger has a complete 3” system but no chrome twin tip. Walker seems to make all the stock pieces but most suppliers don’t list all the pieces. NAPA might have all of the Walker pieces but no chrome twin tips.

Tail pipe tips: I thought the twin tail pipe would be the hardest thing to find. It seems there are 2 of them around. Stinger and Weston. Both are weld on and 2”.

Muffler: pretty much lots of these around with offset inlet and outlets. One just needs to make sure it matches up with the inlet and outlet pipe sizes. Summit was the only one advertising one for the SVO and Turbo GT. Pipe sizing on it seemed to be close to stock.

Mid Pipe: Actually, this seems to be the hardest part to find. Most of the time it’s not even listed with a replacement part number.

Tail pipe: not too hard to find but it’s going to be a standard Mustang single tip, Walker 2”. It would require the chrome twin tips to be welded on.