Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Wing Repair

Some Boost

Wing Repair

What are you using to repair the studs on the lower wing? I removed both for paint and the lower had been repaired but the repairs have failed.

What do you need to repair the plastic towers or are you missing the metal hardware, for my broken plastic towers I install the screw as best I can and slowly in layers mound up JB plastic weld stronger than original I think

Some Boost
    Ended up using some JB Weld 4400 psi clear weld. The metal hardward was still there, but was rolling around under the wing due to the material previously used failing. Keeping my fingers crossed?

Good Luck, should work!

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
    Good Luck, should work!
    Seems pretty solid. I plan on painting the wings tomorrow assuming the weather is nice. I had to put some filler on the top wing to repair some bubbles. Just finished up sanding the heck out of it.

Some Boost
    I think the tail light studs might be the same as the wing studs. I pulled some taillights off in the junk yard and then noticed someone made a big mess with epoxy putting the lenses on. So I just took the studs.