Thread: What Matters?

What Matters?

I haven't been on this site for quite a while. Life has gotten in the way of a lot of things that I used to do it seems???
    Below is a pic of one of the 1st times out of the house since my triple bypass surgery in Phoenix a month ago:
    3:30:19 Ron:SVO .jpg
    Sue drove me to our Mustang club meeting in Prescott last Saturday, and I got a chance to wear my new tee shirt:
    Black SVOs Matter.jpg
    Ron
    The problem I never fix on my cars is the nut that holds the steering wheel

Some Boost
    Good for you, man.

We're just like SVo's getting old and worn out parts. Both need maintenance!
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3-5 more months amf you'll be good as new after your CABG surgery. After the chest bones heal (the hardest part, imho) increase activity a little bit each day.

Welcome back.

BMW: One of our Pat's is in Prescott.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by majestic View Post
    Good for you, man.
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Pressure View Post
    We're just like SVo's getting old and worn out parts. Both need maintenance!
    WOW, If I was only as old as our SVO I would still be a spring chicken.........I've seen those 35 years and another 42 more!
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    3-5 more months and you'll be good as new after your CABG surgery. After the chest bones heal (the hardest part, imho) increase activity a little bit each day.

Welcome back.

BMW: One of our Pat's is in Prescott.
    Thanks for the advice, encouragement, and the welcome back Mike.
    I saw Pat at the Mustang Meeting last Saturday morning. He got a kick out of my SVO shirt.
    Ron

Ron, good to see you're doing well. You seemed in good health six months ago when I visited. How quickly did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Croke View Post
    Ron, good to see you're doing well. You seemed in good health six months ago when I visited. How quickly did this happen?
    I thought I was in good health also, and didn't have much warning about this Mike, I ate dinner one evening and started having heartburn and a few hours later I was in the emergency room at the Prescott VA getting ready to be shipped to Phoenix.
    They attempted to do what they called a catherization from my wrist up through my arm, to open the blockages and put in stents, but the surgeons said the blockages were hard as rock and a CABG was in my immediate future.

Hopefully as Mike Fleming says above, in 3 to 5 months I will be turning wrenches, canoeing, hiking, and riding my Trek Bike again.

So, how is everything going with you these days?
    Ron

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery Ron. Did you go with artificial valves or pig parts? I hope you're back to normal activities before the year is out.

I love the shirt! Pat texted a few pics a couple weeks ago.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Wow, glad they caught it while it was still repairable and glad you're still here.

Things are warming up down here. I'm taking the Turbo RS to Radwood Las Vegas at the end of the month. Let me know when you're going to your local car gatherings again and I'll limp one of these old Foxes up the hills to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meotchh View Post
    Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery Ron. Did you go with artificial valves or pig parts? I hope you're back to normal activities before the year is out.

I love the shirt! Pat texted a few pics a couple weeks ago.
    Thanks Mitch. No valves, just bypasses, using my own arteries from my right leg etc.

I stole the idea for the shirt from Pat who had little signs saying "Black SVOs Matter" in the window of his SVO last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Croke View Post
    Wow, glad they caught it while it was still repairable and glad you're still here.

Things are warming up down here. I'm taking the Turbo RS to Radwood Las Vegas at the end of the month. Let me know when you're going to your local car gatherings again and I'll limp one of these old Foxes up the hills to visit.
    Have fun in Vegas. I will be going to the free "Mustang Only" show/cruise the 1st Saturday of May at the in-and-out burger in Prescott. there are usually 100 plus Ponies there each year, so bring a FOX on up here for that, if you can.
    Ron

BLK BRD - may you live long enough to need a new kidney!!

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    BLK BRD - may you live long enough to need a new kidney!!
    Why is that Mike, do you have an extra kidney that you are trying to get rid of? LOL
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by BLK BRD 88 View Post
    Why is that Mike, do you have an extra kidney that you are trying to get rid of? LOL
    Ron
    As we age, all organs fail. Kidneys are usually next after heart. Fortunately for the heart, restoring blood flow works for a couple decades.

BTW - they used veins from your legs, NOT arteries.