Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Coolant overflow

Some Boost

Coolant overflow

So the overflow tank is completely full after driving around for awhile. I changed the water pump a few months ago so I don't think that's the issue. What could cause this?

Leaking pressure cap. Find someone with a pressure tester and check the cap.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    Looks like a popped head gasket Filled up the radiator and started it up with the cap off to burp the system. Tons of air bubbles coming out of the radiator and white smoke from the exhaust. Checked the dipstick and the oil has a greenish tint to it. Looks like the car is going to be sidelined for a long while. I don't really have the ability to change a head gasket and don't want to spend the money to have it towed and fixed right now. Any mechanic types around NWA that want to come over and fix it? Lol!

Well, it would have been much more better if it was a bad radiator cap.

Sorry.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    So I found a shop that can fix it. Saying about $1000 or so IF the head isn't cracked. Which with my luck with this car, I bet it is.