Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: oil to watercooled turbo

Lightbulb oil to watercooled turbo

I want to race my 84 SVO. I belive its oil cooled. I would think that water cooled turbos are better for endurance racing so I have been researching the site trying to find diagrams and literature on both turbo setups for possible conversions. http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...ght=water+cool I found some threads but not the exact information im looking for. Are there pros and cons to both setups? ( need egr since im in Los Angeles) Im teaching myself mechanics using a junked svo I found. Im not rebuilding the eninge at the moment just reading up and learning. If anybody has any engine rebuilding, turbo rebuilding diagrams, and turbo coolant line! diagrams and literature that would be helpful.

The conversion to water cooled is not diffecult. you'll need a water cooled center housing turbo and the water lines. I converted mine it keeps the center bearings from coking up for longer life of your turbo. look at the engines on 85 1/2 to 86 notice the water line coming off the thermostatic housing going to the right side of the engine.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.