Thread: Aluminum Head

Some Boost

Aluminum Head

I anticipate probably needing a new head and was curious if the Essy AL head has all its previous problems worked out yet? I searched and see where Mike had a bunch of problems. Anyone had better results recently?

Building Boost
    I purchased one maybe 3 -1/2 yrs ago on sale and my mechiniac wasn't impressed with all the porosity when he port/polished it. Kinda wish I didn't get it, not because of it, but I went overboard on hi-po and now it's not that fun on the street anymore. Oh well I have a brand new 19 GT PP1, auto, B&O active exhaust etc. to play with! I think your best bet is stick with the iron head and have that worked over.

I don't have any recent experience - and have not heard of any of the same issues I had being fixed over the decades.

Ask Bo. He has more (and more recent) experience with the Essy Al head than most..
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    Good news = head wasn't cracked and it's back together and running. Bad news = turbo leaks like sieve and will need to get a new one soon.