I'm having clearance problems with front coilovers and stock wheels/tires, and it's requiring me to run 1/4" spacers up front to keep the lower spring perch from rubbing the tires. I don't know how to determine whether or not I need longer wheel studs, and if I do need them, which ones do I need. Somewhere on MM's website, it says that you need 6 full turns of lug nut engagement, and mine get to be finger tight at about 5 1/2 turns, so I'm probably still a bit short overall. There is also a rule of thumb (not sure how true it is) that the depth of your lug nut engagement should be equal or greater than the diameter of the stud, and I am short on that metric.

I think the car is fine to drive around casually, but I don't want to be on the margins with this. What are the specs of the stock studs, and is there anything I need to look out for if I decide to change them? The studs that MM sells say they require open end lug nuts, but I don't know why that would be the case. I will be using stock SVO lug nuts.

My other alternative here is to slot a mounting hole in the strut to angle the top of the tire away from the strut. The MM struts are already slightly slotted, I don't have any major concerns here, but I want to keep it to a minimum, if I do it at all.

The car is stuck on jack stands during prime driving season until I figure out where to go with this.