Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Another Sunday Drive

Another Sunday Drive

My 1985 SVO is back home! After 9 years away from "home" I decided to bring my 1985 SVO home again. I bought this car with 26,736 miles outside Detroit in Inkster MI. and proceeded to drive it home September 6, 2008 after flying out and buying it sight unseen. This car was driven sparingly and then shipped to Tucson, AZ where it resided at a seasonal home for approximately 7 years where is was garaged and taken on short trips for exercise during my visits there. After selling the Tucson house it rode back to Minnesota in the back of a semi trailer behind the furniture and was delivered to Brainerd, MN vacation house again stored in a heated garage and driven sparingly in the summer months. Friday June 28, 2019 I drove the car a short distance from the house to play golf as a test for the long 135 mile drive home, during this short trip the odometer turned to 29,000 miles. It now sits in my garage with 29,142 miles after nearly 11 years of ownership (2406 mi.). I almost forgot what it was like to drive a car without cruise control, my aching leg! During my ownership I have replaced the exhaust with a custom SS system replicating the original dual tip look, new brakes all around, tires, H&R sport springs, Ford Motorsport Aluminum driveshaft, frame mounted fuel pump and new rag joint thanks to my good friend Doug (aka Laredo), (steering was getting pretty sloppy). Otherwise car is bone stock and a great survivor! Nice to have my old friend back home!

Congrats!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Mike, I visited you and the Red Baron about the time you got your Mitsubishi EVO when in Tucson one time, also the aluminum driveshaft on this car was purchased from you!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
    Mike, I visited you and the Red Baron about the time you got your Mitsubishi EVO when in Tucson one time, also the aluminum driveshaft on this car was purchased from you!

Tom
    I remember that visit! Don't get as many SVO visitors these days as in years past.

The EVO went away early 2015 and was recently replaced with a Tesla 3. Totally different cars!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Awesome Tommy! I was asking Doug about your car & what you were doing with everything since you sold the AZ residence. Nice to hear it's back on the road!
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...