Thread: AC questions...

Some Boost

AC questions...

So my condensor is shot from the front mount IC charge pipe rubbing on it. Rockauto lists about 6 different units. What is the correct part number? Also, I had the car retrofitted for R134 and am confused at what is actually the low pressure side of the system to add coolant? I thought it was the port close to the compressor, but the cap on it has "H" on it, while the port close to the dryer/firewall has the "L" on it.

Some Boost
    You don’t list a year. Pretty sure they are the same. Rockauto only shows 3 for 84. The first one ADP/PRO says factory installed ac. That would be the one.

the second one lists Ford numbers and would probably be ok, just need to check the Ford number.

third one, not much info.

all three show quick couplers which is factory. Dealer installed usually had hose barbs and clamps.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    You don’t list a year. Pretty sure they are the same. Rockauto only shows 3 for 84. The first one ADP/PRO says factory installed ac. That would be the one.

the second one lists Ford numbers and would probably be ok, just need to check the Ford number.

third one, not much info.

all three show quick couplers which is factory. Dealer installed usually had hose barbs and clamps.
    Thanks. 1986, sorry for leaving that out. I'm going to take the front bumper cover off to fix the rubbing issue. Again, do you put the refrigerant in the hose down by the compressor or the one up by the firewall?