Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: SVO Bi-wings

SVO Bi-wings

Hi all, I wasn't sure where to post this:
    What is an upper wing worth? It's in good condition although it was painted black. I was told to "make an offer" and I want to be fair. I wasn't sure of a number to start the negotiations.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    86 SVOs = 2A - Drag & 2R - Driver & 1C - Rusty
    84 GT Turbos = 'verts & hatch

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Puppy View Post
    Hi all, I wasn't sure where to post this:
    What is an upper wing worth? It's in good condition although it was painted black. I was told to "make an offer" and I want to be fair. I wasn't sure of a number to start the negotiations.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Dang - that’s a tough question to answer.

There are people who may part with piece like you mention for $50 and others that may want $250. It all depends on how bad the seller wants to sell and the buyer buy the specific part. I know that you know this Paul.

I guess a good starting place would be to compare it to a NOS (new) part. I do have a NOS set that I would sell for $750 and would maybe let the upper go alone for $400. If I had just a NOS upper (not a set), it may only be worth $300. A matched set will always be more valuable than a mis-matched set. That is probably the best pricing you will find for a NOS piece.

I understand that with the piece being painted, it may be easier to match two non matching pieces.

As for the price for the part you're looking at without seeing it in person, it sounds like if you got it for $100, that would be a good deal for you - assuming it fits your needs to your satisfaction.

HTH - 8T6 SVO
    7B SL55

Some Boost
    Here is a NOS one, but it has separated. I think the price for it is way too high:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-For...sAAOSwiBJaAjMv

Quote Originally Posted by majestic View Post
    Here is a NOS one, but it has separated. I think the price for it is way too high:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-For...sAAOSwiBJaAjMv
    Yep - definitely separated.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Thanks guys, it gives m a place to start.
    86 SVOs = 2A - Drag & 2R - Driver & 1C - Rusty
    84 GT Turbos = 'verts & hatch