Thread: Parking E-Brake General Questions

Some Boost

Parking E-Brake General Questions

When attaching the brake cable to the calipers, is it supposed to rotate the arm counter clockwise (facing from inside the car)? That would make the arm attach upward on the pasenger side, and to the back on the driver side (if I'm not turned around on that).

What is this mystic art of adjusting the rear caliper? I believe that I need to turn the drum (from the inside), reassemble and use a feeler gauge. But I don't know where to insert the feeler gauge.

Right now I get plenty of motion that moves the arm on the caliper completely. But it is to absolutely no avail.

Noob
    I just finished some rear brake work on my 85.5, the lh rear caliper / cable attachment is from the bottom of the caliper, which will pull the lever forward when the brake handle is pulled up.

Some Boost
    SO in short, they are both on the bottom, pulling forward. None are on the top pulling down?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Patina View Post
    SO in short, they are both on the bottom, pulling forward. None are on the top pulling down?
    Correct. And the left and right side arms are different (and labeled).
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite