Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Oil specs?

Some Boost

Oil specs?

What viscosity oil is recommended for our cars? I’m not seeing anything in Ford documents. I don’t have my SVO owners manuals handy. Amsoil says 5w-30. I was planning on going with Mobil 1. Thanks.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    What viscosity oil is recommended for our cars? I’m not seeing anything in Ford documents. I don’t have my SVO owners manuals handy. Amsoil says 5w-30. I was planning on going with Mobil 1. Thanks.
    That is what I do as well, Mobil 1 5w-30.

But I think I'd use anything Dexos-2 standard ... also considering the new Turbo Spec fuel weight that Scotty Kilmer keeps raving about.

Some Boost
    Generic Ford info from the period says 20w40 or 20w-50.

Some Boost
    10w-30 is what my manual says for a stock engine. Oil viscosity requirements are based on journal clearances. If your engine has a lot of miles, then you could go thicker.