Thread: Mothers speed clay 2.0

Half Boost

Mothers speed clay 2.0

I am no expert with clay bar work so this is JMHO. The speed clay 2.0 is not as advertised. I bought it because the only other time I used clay on my car I dropped it. After going through too many clay bars I gave up. This product says you can get it dirty, wash and continue on. Well that may be true but after hours of work (WENT OVER THE CAR TWICE) the finish was not what I had hoped for. I should have gone to a vary aggressive bar to start and then a finer one. The 2.0 has a handle so to speak which was appealing to me with my arthritic fingers. The problem is that it is not flexible enough to get in around things like the wipers, sail panels and wings. I can not recommend this product.

Haven't used that particular clay but I've found that heating them makes them softer (for awhile). 30 seconds in the microwave kind of heating.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

I switched over to using the Griots Synthetic Clay a couple years ago. It's still doing great & it can be cleaned when it gets dirty.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...