Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Coolant sensor location

Some Boost

Coolant sensor location

I recently installed a new electric fan. It kicks on around 205 degrees using the stock controller. I would like to use the relay and sensor it came with since it kicks on at 180 degrees. The instructions indicate to thread the sensor into the thermostat housing, but there is no place on the housing to do this. Is there an aftermarket housing with a "bung" to thread this into, or some other way to mount it?

Some Boost
    I think I found what I need on Ebay. Does anyone know the size of the radiator hose coming off the thermostat housing? 35mm?

Some Boost
    If you're not going to use the stock one, can you put it into the location of the stock one? It is in the intake manifold on the underside. Single wire going into it.
    Last edited by ChrisCurtin; 07-17-2020 at 04:06 PM. Reason: can't spell
    1984 Mercury Capri RS
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.