Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: AC questions

Half Boost

AC questions

I have ordered a new stock compressor and clutch. I plan on having new hoses made to route around my front mount ect. I have the old parts that came off but am concerned with what controls all this stuff. I am running a pimp and don't know if that has any affect either. What controls the fan and the like. Someone please educate me. Thanks Bruce

http://acpartsguys.com/ac_compressors/ford_compressors

I was just looking at that myself. Here's what I found in the Ford EVTM (Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual).
    In stock configuration (on the 85-1/2-86 only), both the ECU and the fan module have zero impact on controlling the A/C clutch.
    Clutch power comes directly from the HVAC control, through the pressure cycling switch, and then to the clutch.
    The fan module also receives the 12v "on" signal from the cycling switch to kick on the radiator fan, and the ECU receives that same 12v signal to kick up fuel mixture "to compensate for the extra load."
    Strangely, the 85-1/2 to 86 are the only Turbo-4s not to use the pin 54 Wide Open Throttle cut-out circuit.
    Bad choices make great stories....!

Half Boost
    Cool even with my driving. I like it! We will see if I need more spark advance in my second table for this extra load.

Some Boost
    You will need to add a little more fuel and timing when the the AC turns on. The load from the fan and the AC both occur at the same time.

Half Boost
    Unfortunately the vendor that said they had a NOS compressor in stock has now refunded my money and said they can't find it. Back to fabbing a new bracket for late model compressors I guess.