Thread: Trans cross member

Half Boost

Trans cross member

My trans cross member bushings are shot at the frame mounts. All I see online are poly replacements. My car has enough vibrations as is. There is a complete adjustable cross member from Ford Performance with the rubber in it. https://www.cjponyparts.com/transmis...SABEgJFLPD_BwE.
    Anyone ever bought one? There are also tubular cross members but they also have poly.

Even twenty years back, the only place I knew of to get replacement bushings for the cross member was to buy the Ford Performace unit and swap the bushings and center tube to your old one. Fortunatley then it was cheap enough to do that. No odea what the current cost is for the new cross member. Perhaps sell the new cross member w/o busings?
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Half Boost
    $45 (twice as much as poly bushings) just didn't get the adjustable part of the equation.

Some Boost
    I think this is the one you want.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-5059/mustan...djustable-8293

Half Boost
    I would bet they are the same. Glad I read the install instructions, the tubes need to be welded after alignment. Wondering how the rubber bushings hold up to welding.

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    I would bet they are the same. Glad I read the install instructions, the tubes need to be welded after alignment. Wondering how the rubber bushings hold up to welding.
    Tack the tubes in place - very little heat. Then remove the cross member assembly and full-circle weld them on hte bench without the bushings installed.

Curious that it's bright CAD plated when it's intended to be welded. That stuff (the cadmium vapors) is extremely toxic when it vaporizes and needs to be buffed off or chemically removed before welding.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite