Thread: Cannot get transmission into gear Help Please

Noob

Cannot get transmission into gear Help Please

I am rebuilding my svo and have just put in new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster as well as had transmission rebuilt. When I start car and depress clutch pedal I cannot get it in gear when I put it in gear before starting it will jump forward. I have adjusted firewall adjuster all the way out to see if that helps and no change. the clutch fork is moving and not bottoming out dog bone looks good. I thought maybe wrong clutch (bought from Detroit clutch masters) they are temp closed due to covid and dont want to buy new clutch incase thats not it. Any ideas what it could be bad pilot bearing ? I am hoping someone might be able to help.
    Thanks
    Pete

If it goes into gear with engine off, and not with engine running and clutch depressed, most likely the disk is installed backwards, or something is fouling the disk to the pressure plate. Hate to tell you, but you will probably need to pull the clutch unit out again and inspect.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Noob
    Ordered new clutch and pressure plate. Got the ones I tried from clutchmaster in Detroit but he is closed due to covid and so is the border I think I got a miss matched set. I even took out tranny left bellhousing and clutch in. Took a c clamp and depressed fork full the fingers on disc were almost hitting clutch disc and could not move clutch disc. Oh well start over

Make sure the "flat" side of the sick faces the flywheel and the hub side (with the springs) faces the pressure plate.,
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite